Charger for Mi10Pro TurboCharge (11V-6A)

DanielGab

Members
Feb 28, 2016
Hi,
I'd like to buy a second charger for my Mi10Pro for turbo charging wired with EU-Plug.
Does anybody has a tip where to get one? What I found out until now:
  • It's the same as for the black shark 3 pro
  • It works with 11V and 6A
  • The original model is named MDY-11-ED
I cannot find any somewhere. What I tried is the baseus GaN 65W, but that does not have the 11V 6A.

Any ideas, best where to rebuy the original one? I tried AliExpress, eBay, Amazon... Nothing

Cheers,
Daniel

UGREEN All in One 65W 4Port 3C1A GaN PD Charger

Gesendet von meinem Mi 10 Pro mit Tapatalk

but you know that u dont get the 65W charging?the chaRGER is maybe capable of doing thatz but when u compare charging speeds than the 10 pro is slower than realme X2 pro. and realme does 50W.

but you know that u dont get the 65W charging?the chaRGER is maybe capable of doing thatz but when u compare charging speeds than the 10 pro is slower than realme X2 pro. and realme does 50W.
I know that. But with the original charger I get about 7000mA while charging. With the 65W GaN models (baseus and so on) it just gets about 5000mA.
I charge it while I'm in bath. So every minute less counts

I'd like to buy a second charger for my Mi10Pro for turbo charging wired with EU-Plug.
If I'm not mistaken you will only get turbo charging with xiaomi chargers. But "turbo charge" alone does not mean anything, for example the xiaomi 27w charger says turbo charging when connected to mi 10 pro but it only charges at arround 20w ( according to my usb meter ). The original charger charges at arround 45w also called turbo charging.
if you use an app like ampere to check charge speed the original charges shows a maximum of around 9500 mA when charging with the original charger.

I'm pretty sure that the 50w charging is a propitiatory Xiaomi thing and standard charges will only use PD standards or QC4(+?)

That's the fastest way to charge my phone.

According to my usb meter the fastest way xiaomi Mi 10 pro charges is with around 9v at 5A, even though the charger is capable of higher voltages ( for example the mi 10 pro charger charges my laptop at arround 19.7v) the device decides the voltage.

I'm pretty sure that the 50w charging is a propitiatory Xiaomi thing.

Thanks for that great answer.
So I just need to find a shop, where I'll get the original charger MDY-11-ED. Any ideas where to get it?
Big Chinese shop - no
Ebay - no
Amazon - no

Thanks for that great answer.
So I just need to find a shop, where I'll get the original charger MDY-11-ED. Any ideas where to get it?
Big Chinese shop - no
Ebay - no
Amazon - no

I couldn't find one either.
To be honest I would probably buy the Xiaomi 65w GaN charger, the small one with USB C. It only comes with us plug so for me it means super gluing an adapter to it :D
Keep in mind these chargers are also getting recalled for "security reasons" apparently they can be hacked.

Here is a picture of my "plug super glue" skills lol. it's about 4mm taller than the original EU plug so I'm happy with it.
photo_2020-06-29_21-03-21.jpg

The funny thing is the original mi 10 pro charger has "9v 3A 27w max" written on it but it charges my phone with 9v 5A! so I basically cannot say anything about which Xiaomi charger would work and which one would not. The only reason I'm somewhat certain the Xiaomi 65w GaN charger would work is that Xiaomi advertised it with mi 10 pro.

Another thing to consider is that the Chinese ones do not have CE logo on them and If you are in EU that could become a problem, specially here in Germany it's random but a pain in the rear end when it happens :D

So I think I should wait a little until the small Xiaomi GaN will come with EU plug and CE.
Nevertheless I cannot understand, why they do not sell compatible chargers but advertise this very quick charging at all.
But with the time it will come, I'm sure.
Thanks for all the hints

So I think I should wait a little until the small Xiaomi GaN will come with EU plug and CE.
Nevertheless I cannot understand, why they do not sell compatible chargers but advertise this very quick charging at all.
But with the time it will come, I'm sure.
Thanks for all the hints

The reason why you can't get max charging speed with the 65W GaN models (baseus) because they don't have 10V 5A charging profile (which is maximum supported by Mi 10 pro), most mobile phone charger out there do not have 5A charging current except few such as the original mi 10 pro charger or the Xiaomi 65w GaN charger. I also have that one, it charges my Mi 10 pro at 10V 5A max.

because they don't have 10V 5A charging profile

Because that would be outside USB PD specs and also outside of Qualcomm QC4+ standard.

If Xiaomi implemented that correctly (standard way that every other manufacturer uses for example iPads and laptops) the device would switch to 15v when charging over 27w but they didn't hence why i said it's their proprietary thing.

Screenshot_2020-06-30-08-33-09-699_com.microsoft.office.officehubrow.png

USB-Power-Rules.png

Last edited:
Because that would be outside USB PD specs and also outside of Qualcomm QC4+ standard.

If Xiaomi implemented that correctly (standard way that every other manufacturer uses for example iPads and) the device would switch to 15v when charging over 27w but they didn't hence why i said it's their proprietary thing.

Well, most China mobile phone marker are using 5A for their QC tech, even Samsung also opts for 4.5A. USB PD is capped at 3A.

They have their own reasons for that, I'm no expert, so I can't just the pro and con, but without the proper reasons, not many Chinese mobile makers choose that way. (I know higher Amp lead to big and heavier cable and even shorter).

most China mobile phone marker are using 5A for their QC tech

And (almost) non of them are compatible with each other (proprietary)...

btw, QC normally refers to Qualcomm Quick Charge (tm) that's why every other company has also some cheesy name like vooc (warp), turbo charge, super fast charge,...

Xiaomi released the original 65W charger which comes with the Mi10Pro as a "new product". So soon it will be on sale.