China V8.1.6.0 Stable Out

androidz

Members
Dec 9, 2016
Today I have looked the en miui site and i saw that comes a new stable version, the chinese 8.1.6.0. Someone tested it, and someone know that come with nougat?

The changelog only mentions a fix for a 3G problem with chinese carriers, nothing more. Some commenters on the forum mentioned that it's still Marshmallow.

Ah well, if it includes the December security patches, it'll do for now.

Just installed xiaomi.eu 8.1.6.0. Still Marshmallow, of course (as can be inferred by the build code, MAACNDI), and it has the december Android security patches. Will report experience after a day of use.

Reactions: jc rey
OK, so after a full day of use, here's what I found with 8.1.6.0:

- Battery life is as good as in 8.1.3.0 (which, in my case, is rather good - I consistently get close to 5 hours SOT, normal screen brightness, and no special measures to preserve battery; right now I have 4h 5m SOT, with 18% battery left).
- GPS performance is just like in 8.1.3.0 (that is, not perfect, but passable - lock on time about 15 secs, so-so accuracy), but definitely better than 8.1.1.0.
- Performance wise, the UI feels snappy. Can't really say for sure that it's better than 8.1.3.0, but certainly feels so. The Mi 5 has never been a sluggish phone, but with this update it feels really smooth.
- Solid WiFi and 3G/LTE performance.
- At long last, a weird bug I found on 8.1.1.0 is working OK now.

All in all, a good upgrade, even though it's not a huge change from the former one.

OK, so after a full day of use, here's what I found with 8.1.6.0:

- Battery life is as good as in 8.1.3.0 (which, in my case, is rather good - I consistently get close to 5 hours SOT, normal screen brightness, and no special measures to preserve battery; right now I have 4h 5m SOT, with 18% battery left).
- GPS performance is just like in 8.1.3.0 (that is, not perfect, but passable - lock on time about 15 secs, so-so accuracy), but definitely better than 8.1.1.0.
- Performance wise, the UI feels snappy. Can't really say for sure that it's better than 8.1.3.0, but certainly feels so. The Mi 5 has never been a sluggish phone, but with this update it feels really smooth.
- Solid WiFi and 3G/LTE performance.
- At long last, a weird bug I found on 8.1.1.0 is working OK now.

All in all, a good upgrade, even though it's not a huge change from the former one.
I liked the security update too, lets see if next stable comes with nougat

Enviado de meu MI 5 usando Tapatalk

Weird... on MIUI forum, several people comment about receiving this update, but there isn't any official info on it on the same forum... Anyway, it looks like a beta release, few people are receiving it and there's no official changelog published yet. Furthermore, last official stable (8.1.6.0) was released just a couple days ago. Let's wait and see...