Circle Battery Mod for Incredible

dansx6

Members
Dec 10, 2010
Updated for v1.3.5

Pendo is no longer updating the Circle Battery Mod for MIUI and the other mod available here is for the NI/Desire so I have updated it for the Incredible. Please let me know if you find any errors etc. because the .png files have to be tweaked a little to line up correctly on MIUI.

Make sure you have your battery style option set to "percentage"
Remember to toggle menu>settings>programs>Development Settings>Unknown sources to on.

There are 5 versions here. "B" is a broken circle and "D" is a flat circle. These are the work of Fightspit and his work and excellent screenshots can be found here.
"C" is a 3d version from Pendo from here.
I have included the 3d icons from Pendo's C3d in all of these.

The "HC" version is from obsessionXYZ's HoneyComb theme found here.

Pendo, Fightspit and obsessionXYZ did all of the work on these and deserve all credit.

I decided to try my hand at some .png's and that is the 5th (custom)mod.

I am new to this stuff and Pendo was kind enough to send me a tutorial to get me started. I have been using these for a while now without any issues but as usual there are no guarantees.

MOD_B has been updated and is for MIUI 1.3.18 ONLY

IMPORTANT - for "C", "D", "Custom" and "HC",
1.3.5 is a fix for 1.3.4 and needs to be applied after flashing 1.3.4. I had to modify the fix because it is flashed AFTER the 1.3.4 update. Make sure you flash the 1.3.4 ROM update first, then flash the battery mod.

MOD B
MOD_B.jpg

Download Mod_B

MOD D (follow link above for preview)
Download MOD_D

MOD C
MOD_C.jpg

Download MOD_C

Custom
custom.jpg

Download Custom

HC
HC.jpg

Download MOD_HC

thank u .. now this only mods the battery right, and the other aforementioned items..not all the icons on the top bar?

lastly..can we request other colors?

The mod includes Pendo's 3d icons which includes the bluetooth, wifi, signal strength icons, etc. It is easy to exclude these if you don't like them. The battery mod changes color from red to yellow to green to blue. If there are other styles that you are interested let me know and I will see what I can do. Take a look over at xda (search circle battery mods) for the icon choices.

thank u .. now this only mods the battery right, and the other aforementioned items..not all the icons on the top bar?

lastly..can we request other colors?

I have found only one small issue with your mods here bro. Awesome work BTW. The problem i have found is when the battery percentage is at a whole number i.e 10, 20, 30 ... It reverts back to the stock battery icon, until it drops a percent i.e 9, 19, 29. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the heads up Obsidian, I'll take a look and see what is causing that.

New link for custom mod - I think I fixed the problem.

Hi Jim,
First, go to menu>settings>programs>development settings and toggle Unknown sources on. Download the file and save it on your sd card. If you use ROM Manager you can open it and go to "Install ROM from SD Card". Select the file you just put on your card and it will install. If you don't use ROM Manager boot into recovery and select install from sd card. Select the file and it will install. I will be updating the mods for the 1.3.4 version as soon as it is available which is usually Sunday so you might want to wait if you were going to use that update. Let me know if you need anything else.

how do i install and check my signature verification

Hi Jim,
First, go to menu>settings>programs>development settings and toggle Unknown sources on. Download the file and save it on your sd card. If you use ROM Manager you can open it and go to "Install ROM from SD Card". Select the file you just put on your card and it will install. If you don't use ROM Manager boot into recovery and select install from sd card. Select the file and it will install. I will be updating the mods for the 1.3.4 version as soon as it is available which is usually Sunday so you might want to wait if you were going to use that update. Let me know if you need anything else.

OK Well I already had that switched on, didn't know it was called sig. ver. I did try to install it already and it crashed my phone. had to revert to stock and start over, no biggy, just annoying. I will wait until you update to try again. Oh, I did back up my current ROM, I thought it was backed up before but apparently not. Thanks Will look for the new update.

Hi Jim,
Sorry it crashed your phone. I'm not sure why that would happen. I test out each of the mods first before I post them and I have never had a crash. If you have any other info that might be pertinent I can try to help. The current version has the "fix" so I am going through that to see what needs to be changed. I looks like I will need to mod the fix because that has to be flashed after the rom and that will most likely revert the battery indicator back to the original MIUI indicator. I should have it set by tomorrow morning (East Coast US time) if all goes well.

OK Well I already had that switched on, didn't know it was called sig. ver. I did try to install it already and it crashed my phone. had to revert to stock and start over, no biggy, just annoying. I will wait until you update to try again. Oh, I did back up my current ROM, I thought it was backed up before but apparently not. Thanks Will look for the new update.

I will hopefully have an update for 1.3.18 out today. I am still trying to get everything working correctly.

I have updated the "B" version for MIUI 1.3.18. (only "B" is updated right now). Please let me know if you have any problems (it is working well on my dinc). The file structure and icon set up are a bit different on the GB version of MIUI and it took me a little while to get the icons configured etc. I will re do the icons for the other versions if anyone wants them.

new file structure

The new gb versions of MIUI for the Incredible have a new file structure. The short story is that I think the battery mod can be installed like a theme (vs a mod). If so, the versions probably won't have to be updated every week and they can be installed via the theme manager. If anyone is willing to give it a shot I have uploaded the version that I am testing. Download BatteryMod.mtz here and copy it to the MIUI/Theme folder on your sd card, then install via the theme manager. If you are using a non-default theme it will change some stuff because I added Pendo's 3-D icons, so testing with the default theme is preferable. I haven't had any problems with this so far but please make sure that you know what you are doing in case of boot loops, etc. Any/all feedback is appreciated.

This is the "B" mod without any additional icons. Follow the same procedure above to install. This shouldn't mess up any other theme and will only change the battery icon.
MOD B

Please see the new Battery Mod thread for more info.