Clockwork Mod being bought by HTC???

The Batman

Members
Mar 3, 2011
I just read that Koush, from Clockwork Mod is being bought out flyby HTC...unsure if this has anything to do with April Fool's or not.

But I'm just wondering what the repercussions of this mihjt be if this is a legitamate statement? As in, could HTC use this as a way of making their phones less root friendly?

Any thoughts from anyone about this?

The Batman
HTC Evo
unrEVOked
MIUI v1.3.25

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

stiffspliff, please don't tell me that. I was nervous about it already.

stiffspliff, please don't tell me that. I was nervous about it already.

lol dont worry, it was koush's april fools.. he would never sell cwm

lol dont worry, it was koush's april fools.. he would never sell cwm

If that had been a real statement on his behalf, I seriously would not know what to do. Lol. I'd be lost without Clockwork Mod.

Could there be any legitimacy to his statement given that he tweeted that about 10hrs ago?

lol, that was a good one XD (Though clockwork is the most popular, it surely is not the only recovery on the market?!?)

lol, that was a good one XD (Though clockwork is the most popular, it surely is not the only recovery on the market?!?)

@verboze I know there is also AmonRa but I have never had experience using anything else besides Clockwork Mod.

And yeah, if this Koush's idea of an April Fool's prank, its a damn good one lol.

I used Amon recovery for clean installation of latest MIUI 1.4.1 and a2sd+. Everything just went fine.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App

CWM and RA are comparable imho. I stuck with RA because I liked the interface a little better and I could easily backup wimax (I couldn't figure out how to do this with CWM when I initially rooted, which is why I tried RA in the first place, haha).