Cm11- suddenly no mic and earpiece is working

Maybe you should try an absolutely clean install, wipe everything, flash rom, flash minimal gapps, install latest play services and avoid connecting to internet until you finish that.Then check if everything is working right, if not disable checkinservice.For an hour or so that i had it disabled i didn't have any wakelock related.Maybe you should try a previous CM version preferably a RC version, or another rom.

Last edited:
I installed the latest play services - calling didn't work. So I tried Mokee and everything works fine. Maybe the problem is a kernel issue because Mokee uses another kernel.

Disabling Expanded Desktop seems to have resolved the issue for me. At least for the past 2 days so far.

Problem started again today.This is so f******ing frustrating.It seems there's no pattern to when the problem starts.Maybe it's a combination of play services and some app otherwise why don't all people have this problem since most have the same version of play crap services?...really don't know.Going to test new version of play services.

Edit : I got wakelocks with CheckInService disabled but there is no checkin handoff, i got msm_hsic_host, main, PowerManagerService.Display and radio-interface.

Last edited:
I installed the latest play services - calling didn't work. So I tried Mokee and everything works fine. Maybe the problem is a kernel issue because Mokee uses another kernel.
I made a wipe data from CWM and issue doesn't appear (it was a test for a couple of hours) .
I hope somebody will fix this asap

Last edited:
Anyone has a solution to checkin handoff wakelock?
O have disabled CheckinService and then appeared

Anyone has a solution to checkin handoff wakelock?
O have disabled CheckinService and then appeared
I also would like to know that. As soon as I disable one or some gplay services, there's a huge amount of wakelocks appearing due to changes. I've noticed that leaving all services by default without apps like greenify/component modifier/wakelock blocker makes gplay apps more battery friendly and devices goes more easily into deepsleep.
So if there's a way to disable google services without causing wakelocks, I'm ready to read what You purpose.

Here is my solution for checkin handoff.
You have to disable not only the service (using service disabler) but all the receivers with "checkin" in the name. To achieve this I used advanced Freezing from rom toolbox pro but also autorun manager could do the job.
Absurd to be forced to find these solutions for a Google app wich screws everything and maybe SPY MY CALLS.
I think I'll reconsider Google Android in favour of Lumia

Take a look at this, looks like a nice security checker. It also has the option to disable the damn checkinservice.

EDIT: the "checkin disable" option is only available to donators...

@oile: Do you know any other autorun manager, which is free and can disable the Checkin receivers? I looked at ROM Toolbox Lite and Autorun Manager (free) and neither lists "Checkin" as an receiver :-/

Does anyone know how the Google Play Services get updated? When the user opens Google Play?
The thing is that I update apps on my phone quite regularly (once a week or so) and hence got caught by the ugly "silent" calls on Friday last week.
My friend does not really run Google Play at all and all of sudden, today she's unable to make calls the same like me. Instructing her to disable Checkin service helped, thanks God.

@oile: Do you know any other autorun manager, which is free and can disable the Checkin receivers? I looked at ROM Toolbox Lite and Autorun Manager (free) and neither lists "Checkin" as an receiver :-/
I did it using ROM Toolbox Lite.

I did it using ROM Toolbox Lite.
Can you pls share how does one filter the apps/processes, which depend on Checkin service? I looked at App Manager and Auto Start Manager tools of the ROM Toolbox Lite, but I am obviously blind...

EDIT: I could possibly long-tap on each of the 200 installed apps in the App Manager tool and go to Advanced Freeze. There I can see the receivers listed. However, when I try to disable it, the in-app purchase window pops up.

Last edited:
However, I have the feeling that the culprit is not exclusively Google Services: I installed Paranoid Android on a clean partition and even after updating everything, the issue did not show up. So it must be also something inside CM11. @M1cha is anyone investigating on this at CM? If I can be of any help, let me know.

Two days with google play services version 6.5.99, no problem at all without disabling checkinservice.Running pacrom.Maybe this helps someone.

Can you pls share how does one filter the apps/processes, which depend on Checkin service? I looked at App Manager and Auto Start Manager tools of the ROM Toolbox Lite, but I am obviously blind...

EDIT: I could possibly long-tap on each of the 200 installed apps in the App Manager tool and go to Advanced Freeze. There I can see the receivers listed. However, when I try to disable it, the in-app purchase window pops up.
Auto Start Manager -> Google Play Services

Two days with google play services version 6.5.99, no problem at all without disabling checkinservice.Running pacrom.Maybe this helps someone.
G'd for you. It worked on my CM 11 only for the first call, then again only a silence. (I cleared cache in CWM.)

Here is my solution for checkin handoff.
You have to disable not only the service (using service disabler) but all the receivers with "checkin" in the name.
Absurd to be forced to find these solutions for a Google app wich screws everything and maybe SPY MY CALLS.
Doing this has a bad behavior. It makes google services, framework, and play too, going "crazy" which provokes tons of wakelocks.

For those who wants to try there's an app called MyAndroidTools from the author of Services Disabler. It's lightweight and you'll be able to change every component of an app.

Same here.

EDIT: problem happened again with g. services 6.5.99 on pacman rom.

Last edited: