Cm11- suddenly no mic and earpiece is working

Not working on latest CM11
Try with pacrom, is a more featured CM but if you don't use those extras it's basically the same.You can use Khaon's kernel too if you wonder.Or try another rom someone said mokee is running fine.

Pacman instead is just a customized cm11 so the bug is present also in Pacman. If seems not present please verify the gapps installation (priv-app and/or data) and presence of checkin service enabled on gms, checkin service in Google service framework and checkin handoff wakelock.

Pacman instead is just a customized cm11 so the bug is present also in Pacman. If seems not present please verify the gapps installation (priv-app and/or data) and presence of checkin service enabled on gms, checkin service in Google service framework and checkin handoff wakelock.
I know but with play services 6.5.99 and play store 5.0.38 the problem seems to gone.This is the third day.Also i don't have wakelocks and checkinservice is enabled.I use pacrom-rc3.

Reactions: oile
Can you link me your rom version and gapps? Since I'm in pacman I ll try again a full wipe.
It's interesting

Can you link me your gapps? Since I'm in pacman I ll try again a full wipe
My gapps it's a modified version i made of some gapps i had long time, it's an old version and contains only, i repeat only, playstore.Nothing else.After installation of course playstore updates to latest version.If you want i can upload them but in about 1.5 hours.

Reactions: oile
I never used those apps but aren't these that come with CM/Pacrom etc?If not can't you install them manually?I'm sure you can find the apks on web.About syncing, you mean with gmail?I think there is syncing but i have it disabled.

I men Contacts sync, calendar sync etc.
So you have installed in system an old playstore, then in data Gmail and play services

.After installation of course playstore updates to latest version.If you want i can upload them but in about 1.5 hours.
How do the updates of Play Store work?

You say that you use some old version and then that it automatically gets updated to the newest version.

Yet, I have 5.1.11 and you reported 5.0.38. So this seems confusing.

I use full Gapps (from CM wiki, IMHO), so I guess I would have to find full Gapps of your version somewhere to be able to carry out the test.

How do the updates of Play Store work?

You say that you use some old version and then that it automatically gets updated to the newest version.

Yet, I have 5.1.11 and you reported 5.0.38. So this seems confusing.

I use full Gapps (from CM wiki, IMHO), so I guess I would have to find full Gapps of your version somewhere to be able to carry out the test.
No good man...problem appeared few hours ago again...as for your question gapps you find on web are always newer version than those you get by auto updates.
So f****d up situation... i suggest everybody watch this and other threads on xda until a solution is found.

I'm watching already ...
The question is: a) are the CM devs aware of this and b) are they working on it?
It's somehow quiet at CM11 development front atm ...

It's somehow quiet at CM11 development front atm ...

yep, this worries me....we have smartphone OS that has just totally lost phone call functionality, I would expect devs to jump on their chairs, discussing and asking for user feedback...

but...CM is free, so: I should not beg for fixes...! :)

You have to disable not only the service (using service disabler) but all the receivers with "checkin" in the name. To achieve this I used advanced Freezing from rom toolbox pro but also autorun manager could do the job.
Interestingly, this did not prove to help in my case.
I used Service Disabler to tick off the Checkin Service of Google Play Services and then My Android Tools to tick off all the Broadcast receivers of Google Play Services and Google Play Framework, whose name started CheckinService*.

WLD still reports the device never gets to Deep Sleep, although there is no process listed, which would show the cause. Only the Battery in Settings blames Google Services.

There is a possible fix mentioned in an xda thread, haven't test it yet cause i'm waiting to appear again, so first backup those files or make a nandroid backup and then try it at your own risk :

Second alternative:
Try wickis fix.
Go to system/media/audio/ui/ and delete
Lock.ogg and unlock. Ogg.
Reboot twice.

The solution copied from this post : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57540080&postcount=117 which is copied from another thread etc... so if it works credits to the original founder of the fix.

I tried that, didn't work.

My issue is sometimes solved by reinstalling radio, sometimes by switching off wifi. Usually after one call (or lock/unlock cycle?) it goes back to not working.

trying a radio reinstall now.

Everything I tried, ruined battery or calls or notifications.
I wiped and installed mokee with gapps but this time ODEXED (RELEASE) version and no problems at all, no wakelocks either without Disabling anything.
For anyone, if there is cm11 odexed version, please try it and only it. Then please feedback, it could be related to some changes made in odex files (that could explain why on stock roms, gapps causes no problem)

Everything I tried, ruined battery or calls or notifications.
I wiped and installed mokee with gapps but this time ODEXED (RELEASE) version and no problems at all, no wakelocks either without Disabling anything.
For anyone, if there is cm11 odexed version, please try it and only it. Then please feedback, it could be related to some changes made in odex files (that could explain why on stock roms, gapps causes no problem)
There are reports that problem exists on stock roms too
http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one/help/m7-mute-calls-please-help-t2921985

I saw that too, but now I've checked my colleague Xperia Z1 compact with stock ROM (I believe its 4.4.2), he has our version of Google Play Services 6.5.99 and his battery is fine (only 3% from google services while I have 40% because of checkin handoff wakelock).

I believe this must be some very strange issue related to CM11 on mi2s and nexus4 (if I understand right both are very similar in hardware and CM), maybe other hardware. Btw HTC seems to fix it http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/...-stopped-working-on-9th-Dec/m-p/403653#M11645