Cm11- suddenly no mic and earpiece is working

So, if my understanding is good mic bug is fixed on m1chas ROMs? Can someone confirm? Thks

Anyone can test this method? Is based on my experience and seems it's working. Obviously I don't know the reason

- Enable CheckinService if disabled
- Turn off wifi and mobile data connection
- Power off
- Remove battery
- Power on
- Make a test call, if you can hear calls, continue
- Wait 2 minutes
- Enable mobile data connection
- Enable wifi
- Make a test call, if you can hear calls, the method is working!

After those steps I can hear calls with CheckinService enabled and without strange wakelocks

Anyone can test this method? Is based on my experience and seems it's working. Obviously I don't know the reason

- Enable CheckinService if disabled
- Turn off wifi and mobile data connection
- Power off
- Remove battery
- Power on
- Wait 2 minutes
- Enable mobile data connection
- Enable wifi
- Make a test call, if you can hear calls, the method is working!

After those steps I can hear calls with CheckinService enabled and without strange wakelocks

I tried it but immediately when I turn on my data Internet, the issue returns
It's getting really irritating, my battery life is really bad because of it.
I'm thinking of using mokee as I don't see it is resolved.
I thought to wait for 5.0 lollipop but I don't see it happens either..
Is it possible to change only kernel perhaps it will be ok with different one?
Or perhaps forcing play services to some older version where the problem doesn't exist?

Last edited:
Or perhaps forcing play services to some older version where the problem doesn't exist?
Backup all you need and flash Mokee rom

Last working version of play services is 6.1.83. You can download it from here - https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de..._gapps-modular-pico-4.4.4-20141110-signed.zip

Flash it via CWM or TWRP. When it update itself, uninstall updates. Same with google play store.
You shoul disable automatic update of play store with disable service app. Look for Google Play Store/CheckWifiAndAutoUpdate and disable it.
Hangout app will stop working - if you need it find older version.
You should be OK as I am for now. Hope CM12 will not suffer with this annoying issue.

A month passed and still no solution. I really wonder how come not all users are affected. It would be great if I could be assigned to the group of happy users ;-)

A month passed and still no solution. I really wonder how come not all users are affected. It would be great if I could be assigned to the group of happy users ;-)

I think there is just a big majority of mi2 cm11 users who disables the checkinservice and moves on hoping on a coming cm12 release with this issue fixed. Although my phone doesn't enter deep sleep, I have not that much of a battery drain, except when using 3g data on the train or so, but that is classic.

Reactions: timmydog and adrez
Let's say it the other way: does Mi2 & CM11 work with updated GAPPs for at least somebody?

I had a battery drain with CheckinService disabled and therefore chose to down-grade Google Play Services. This works fine for a few weeks.

Until today: my friend got fairly angry since all of sudden her phone got silent again when she really needed to use it :-(

On the other hand, it still works for me (the same phone and system and majority of apps). Weird.

No isses for a while with up2date Gapps and disbled checkin services/receive connectors.
frustrating that Google/cm don't fix it for this long time, first serious bug with cm in my phone since beginning.

Very frustrating, battery life is the worst with 100% Wakelocks.
I almost migrated to mokee but it seems it appeared there too for some users

Install App: Myandroidtools
Broadcast receiver\ System \ Google play services
Search for checkin and disable all five checkinservice$...

I didn't notice batterydrain since i disabled them.

Reactions: e-r-a-n
Install App: Myandroidtools
Broadcast receiver\ System \ Google play services
Search for checkin and disable all five checkinservice$...

I didn't notice batterydrain since i disabled them.
Thank you!
So far, seems good.
I hope its the last time I have to deal with this crap :)

Reactions: erlkönig
I haven't encountered this problem (yet). Also do not have any strange wakelocks and no battery drain (on the contrary my battery life has been better than on Miui).
After reading this thread one can easily come to the conclusion that everyone has this issue so I wanted to add this.

Reactions: MiKhan
I haven't encountered this problem (yet). Also do not have any strange wakelocks and no battery drain (on the contrary my battery life has been better than on Miui).
After reading this thread one can easily come to the conclusion that everyone has this issue so I wanted to add this.
With or without gapps?

With. I used cm11 without gapps and it was very good, now I've been testing cm with gapps and it's the same.

Sadly, I have to confirm this issue on cm11 with gapps. Today it has arrived. As I wrote before I hadn't had this issue without gapps, can anyone confirm that the problem doesn't appear there?

In fact that disabling gapps service fixes this issue, it is of course possible that a rom without gapps won't encounter this issue at all.