Connect timeout, confirm network patency and retry 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorroddorrod

Members
Apr 7, 2019
Hi !
i've just bought 3 new Dafang cameras - after adding the camera i get an error when clicking on the camera from the device list
"Connect timeout, confirm network patency and retry 1000"
WhatsApp Image 2019-04-07 at 22.56.04.jpeg

Please advice

Hi !
i've just bought 3 new Dafang cameras - after adding the camera i get an error when clicking on the camera from the device list
"Connect timeout, confirm network patency and retry 1000"
View attachment 24173
Please advice

I got the exact same problem - no solution found yet - please share if you find one!!!

I tried the followed advice but no success:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Send email to feedback@hualaikeji.com with the original sales receipt and photo of your serial + MAC address from either: mi.com, jd.com or Mi tmall store or official sales channel. If you purchased on Ali E or China Grey Market traders then you have no chance to get the devices unlocked outside of Mainland China.

Thanks,

Mark

Send email to feedback@hualaikeji.com with the original sales receipt and photo of your serial + MAC address from either: mi.com, jd.com or Mi tmall store or official sales channel. If you purchased on Ali E or China Grey Market traders then you have no chance to get the devices unlocked outside of Mainland China.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark!

Thanks for taking the time to reply to us. Unfortunately, I bought mine on Ali E, I don't understand with it should be locked as it is an official order from Xiaomi official store (a l i e x p r e s s . com/store/4651073) if it's not an official MI store, then how these sellers are able to sell these products??

Hi Mark!

Thanks for taking the time to reply to us. Unfortunately, I bought mine on Ali E, I don't understand with it should be locked as it is an official order from Xiaomi official store (a l i e x p r e s s . com/store/4651073) if it's not an official MI store, then how these sellers are able to sell these products??
Ali E is not official seller, you purchased from a 3rd party reseller in this instance. The clue should of been when they spelt Official with a ZERO instead of an O... also Xiaomi does not operate legitimate sales via Ali E.

Ali E is not official seller, you purchased from a 3rd party reseller in this instance. The clue should of been when they spelt Official with a ZERO instead of an O... also Xiaomi does not operate legitimate sales via Ali E.

Ok thanks Mark, honestly I don't fully understand the strategy behind their distribution channel...
Anyway I still want to keep hope because by reading reviews on Ali E, it seems that some customers have been able to finally use their devices, see attached picture.

Attachments

• Ali E.PNG
    Ali E.PNG
    343.6 KB · Views: 1,814
Ok thanks Mark, honestly I don't fully understand the strategy behind their distribution channel...
Anyway I still want to keep hope because by reading reviews on Ali E, it seems that some customers have been able to finally use their devices, see attached picture.
vague info at best, Xiaomi wont unlock products if they are sold vias unofficial channels such as Ali E.

Thanks,

Mark
Hi and thanks for sharing the video :cool:
Do you know if gearbest are considered an official supplier? All mine came from there and are working perfectly.

Hi and thanks for sharing the video :cool:
Do you know if ******* are considered an official supplier? All mine came from there and are working perfectly.
We dont promote them :) the likelihood is they purchased then unlocked the MAC for each of the devices prior to being shipped to EU or they may indeed have an agreement with iSmart for sales of the products. There is also a possibility they are EU versions but I would not be able to confirm that without seeing the product packaging / CE markings.

I didn't share your video, a member of our forum has done that :cool:

I have had these cameras for around two years or so and have generally been okay. thanks for the reply and great site!
You're welcome Mike! I've got camera's here in China and to be honest, they too sometimes have connection issues from time to time... The main issue surrounding the dafang camera is that iSmart have USA / Canadian versions which sell for a higher price under the iSmart brand name and not Dafang, I believe that they are just trying to stop grey sales channels for issues of their own choosing. e.g. https://www.ismartalarm.com/spot and https://www.ismartalarm.com/devices/cameras/icamera-keep/isa00008.html

So naturally they may want to differentiate the Chinese market product from that of the Western model. Why is not for us to speculate but that I believe is the biggest reason for these 'blockages'.

Reactions: SamXiaomi
Yeah there a lot of Dafang clones out there. And all of them are much more expensive and some even require a subscription. I love Xiaomi for their pricing strategy and products and it saddens me when other companies try and rip of their designs and hard work.

Yeah there a lot of Dafang clones out there. And all of them are much more expensive and some even require a subscription. I love Xiaomi for their pricing strategy and products and it saddens me when other companies try and rip of their designs and hard work.
iSmart is Dafang tho :) those links aren't to clones.. they are and where in fact made prior to the launch of the Dafang range in China :)

PS. Someone should really tell whoever translates the errors that PATENCY should be LATENCY!

• Haha
Reactions: SamXiaomi
While I understand your point, I don't see how this is the customer's fault and why the customers should suffer from this. I personally bought the products from a physical store, and I do have the possibility of returning them and getting a refund, however, this is not the case for everyone. I feel like they are punishing the wrong group here. They shouldn't allow re-sellers to sell, not block existing customers for using an already bought / payed products for which them, as a company, received the price asked. This is bad PR 101. I recently bought an electric scouter from them and I tend to regret the acquisition judging by how they treat their customers. Bad move Xiaomi, bad move. :(

While I understand your point, I don't see how this is the customer's fault and why the customers should suffer from this. I personally bought the products from a physical store, and I do have the possibility of returning them and getting a refund, however, this is not the case for everyone. I feel like they are punishing the wrong group here. They shouldn't allow re-sellers to sell, not block existing customers for using an already bought / payed products for which them, as a company, received the price asked. This is bad PR 101. I recently bought an electric scouter from them and I tend to regret the acquisition judging by how they treat their customers. Bad move Xiaomi, bad move. :(

I get what you mean totally but the company has no real way of preventing the wrong people selling their product in the wrong way. The only way is to block certain devices.
We have been given the lifeline of the mac address whitelisting (hopefully) so it should be okay in the end

Any one have the solution?

I have two cameras on Portugal

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Strange my last night post is not showing?
Anyway I will repeat myself. Same problem in Greece.
I strongly agreed with Ubernaz
This way xiaomi punishes only its customers.
Grey market problems are not solved this way.
Increase retail prices in China to match official resellers and international mi store so that there is no room for profit from third party resellers and stop selling in bulk quantities in retailers in China and to those that are not official.
This policy will have only one outcome. Disappointed xiaomi customers will not buy xiaomi products again.
On 10/4/2019 I sent email requesting unlock. Still no reply . My purchase was from Ali ex. Once I have an answer I will let you know. If anyone has response from them let us know what happened.
You expect too much when buying from unofficial sources which cannot offer the customer services support for the product.

Price has little to do with the issue, the products being sold are not supported with localised support for one thing, secondly even price was higher it would not stop resellers selling the Chinese latest products to European customers, it would just inflate the price further in fact.

Your expectations are clearly too high to expect such a quick response from a Chinese facing support email service, wait patiently, you opted to purchase a product which is not officially sold in Europe so face the consequence of doing so. Complaining will not change the fact so bare the choice you made when purchasing from a Third party or indeed ask the people you purchased from to expedite the process for you.

10th April would only make today THREE working days anyway... not exactly what I would call abnormal to still have no response given they dont even have to entertain your issue due to what I've already shown above about 3rd party support / grey market.

Reactions: mikesunboxing
I find it quite natural not to have a response yet to my email I just stated that I will wait for an answer although I think they will reject my request. Anyway MarkHUK are you employed by xiaomi or are you just like many of us a xiaomi enthusiast? I am impressed by the way you defend the company’s policy... Sure I am willing to accept the consequences for buying from 3rd party seller probably I will lose 30 euros spent on the camera but I tell you this and mark my words with no hard feelings xiaomi will eventually lose a lot more.
I'm not protecting anyone or anything, simply being the voice of logic when it comes to the issue you are faced with.

You buy a product not tested, supported or READY for the European market then you say its Xiaomi's fault for not giving you the support you so desire? Sorry but that just screams of a little bit unrealistic an expectation to manage for any company.

They have not SOLD this product with official guidance in Europe (yet)... so I dont know what you want them to do for you exclusively... You chose to purchase it from a 3rd party so you should consult them as to WHY they sold you a product not fit for market use.

Reactions: mikesunboxing
Status
Not open for further replies.