Invalid Contact and dialer + messaging (Poco X3 NFC Surya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beebop

Members
Jun 6, 2021
Hi.
I just flashed the latest stable xiaomi.eu ROM (12.0.9). Everything seems fine except for SMS and contacts.
Even if all the settings and the SMSC are correct, SMS are not leaving the device.
Moreover the contacts are not "linking" to dialer history and I can only see numbers and not the names.

I noticed that the app permissions of both "contact and dialer" and "Messaging" are not visible in App info.
Maybe is this the cause? I have already set up the phone and making another hard reset would be a pain in the "a__".

I know it is not possible to update system apps from unknown sources but I noticed there is an update available for the apk. Maybe it is a bug or a conflict that could be solved with the update?

Thanks.

BTW: I have 2 SIM Cards, if it can be useful.

I noticed that the app permissions of both "contact and dialer" and "Messaging" are not visible in App info.
Maybe is this the cause?
This is normal for system apps. Most permissions for system apps are managed by the system.

I know it is not possible to update system apps from unknown sources but I noticed there is an update available for the apk. Maybe it is a bug or a conflict that could be solved with the update?
Where?

a small update is in apkmirror.
But do you have an idea about the sms? I have to confirm my online banking and I cannot nor receive or send any sms.
And the contacts not showing up in the dialer is frankly a disaster for me...

It seems the dialer is not "linking with contacts section.

If I open contacts, I have my numbers and names. In the dial pad and history no. Even when I receive a whastapp I see only numbers...

a small update is in apkmirror.
But do you have an idea about the sms? I have to confirm my online banking and I cannot nor receive or send any sms.
And the contacts not showing up in the dialer is frankly a disaster for me...

It seems the dialer is not "linking with contacts section.

If I open contacts, I have my numbers and names. In the dial pad and history no. Even when I receive a whastapp I see only numbers...
Frankly no idea. Maybe it'll improve with the next release, but surya is not being updated that much and people complain about issues even on official ROMs...
You shouldn't update system apps from other sources, you will lose features enabled by us.

yes, ok. Still I have no answer.
I flashed your rom hoping that it was at least more stable than the official EU one and now I do not even have my contacts name on it with "official" contacts and dialer app.
Unbelievable.
Xiaomi sucks, never again.
Not to mention the issues with bluetooth, sluggish UI and intermittent/random freeze of the system or a shattering management of background apps...

Bye.

yes, ok. Still I have no answer.
I flashed your rom hoping that it was at least more stable than the official EU one and now I do not even have my contacts name on it with "official" contacts and dialer app.
Unbelievable.
Xiaomi sucks, never again.
Not to mention the issues with bluetooth, sluggish UI and intermittent/random freeze of the system or a shattering management of background apps...

Bye.
Good for you then, bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.