New Contacts and dialer keeps stopping

pl1uk

Members
Aug 6, 2020
Hi,

I get this issue whenever I add a new number to an existing contact.

Option to report bug but nothing hasn't happened yet.

Adding new numbers are fine.

Thanks.

Reactions: applixy
Hi, any news on the bug as still getting this issue even with the latest version of MIUI. Thanks

Hi, any news on the bug as still getting this issue even with the latest version of MIUI. Thanks

I have a MI10 as well, everything is running fine. Did yo do a clean install with format data not only wipe?

Yes, the first time, however whenever you update the rom it doesn't require you to keep formatting the data, so what could be causing this issues? Thanks.

Best you can do is to send me a log in private while the crash is happening.

ok cool, will send a screenshot of the crash log followed by the issue. How do I send privately? Just to let you whenever I update the ROM, I go into TWRP mode then it requests for a pin which I use to log into my phone and that's it. Is this the correct steps of updating my phone or do I need to format each time before installing the firmware? Please let me know. Thanks.

ok cool, will send a screenshot of the crash log followed by the issue. How do I send privately? Just to let you whenever I update the ROM, I go into TWRP mode then it requests for a pin which I use to log into my phone and that's it. Is this the correct steps of updating my phone or do I need to format each time before installing the firmware? Please let me know. Thanks.
If you're just sending a screenshot, no need to send in private.

Hi,
I have a similar issue on my Mi 8 Explorer Edition (ursa)(MIUI 12 | V12.0.1.0).
Updating from MIUI 11 I lost all my speed dial and when I try to add one the dialer app crash.
P.S.: I have done the update from MIUI 11 (stable) to MIUI 12 (stable) by the update app.
Thanks for your time and for your work.

Reactions: REDMI_GT
Hello together
I've the same issue too on my Redmi K20 pro premium edition. (MIUI12 v12.0.3.0 stable)
Contact and Dialer app crashes when i want to add a Speeddial Contact or when i try to add a number from WhatsApp to an existing contact.
btw..
The 2 other K20 pro from my son and my wife have the same problem.

And here's the crash report when i try to add a Contact to Speeddial.

java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground() at android.os.AsyncTask$4.done(Unknown Source:27) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:252) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:271) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919) Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Proxy package com.android.providers.contacts from uid 10057 or calling package com.android.providers.contacts from uid 10226 not allowed to perform READ_CALL_LOG at android.os.Parcel.createException(Unknown Source:36) at android.os.Parcel.readException(Unknown Source:11) at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:3) at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:11) at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.query(Unknown Source:77) at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:77) at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:4) at com.android.contacts.picker.RecentLoader.loadInBackground(Unknown Source:43) at com.android.contacts.picker.RecentLoader.loadInBackground(Unknown Source:0) at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader.onLoadInBackground(Unknown Source:0) at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.doInBackground(Unknown Source:2) at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.doInBackground(Unknown Source:2) at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(Unknown Source:20) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ... 3 more

same problem with MI9T Pro 12.0.3
Whatsapp and Emergency contacts always crash when I try to set it up.

java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$4.done(Unknown Source:27)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:252)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:271)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Proxy package com.android.providers.contacts from uid 10059 or calling package com.android.providers.contacts from uid 10103 not allowed to perform READ_CALL_LOG
at android.os.Parcel.createException(Unknown Source:36)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Unknown Source:11)
at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:3)
at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:11)
at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.query(Unknown Source:77)
at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:77)
at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:4)
at com.android.contacts.picker.RecentLoader.loadInBackground(Unknown Source:43)
at com.android.contacts.picker.RecentLoader.loadInBackground(Unknown Source:0)
at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader.onLoadInBackground(Unknown Source:0)
at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.doInBackground(Unknown Source:2)
at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.doInBackground(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(Unknown Source:20)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
... 3 more

If you're just sending a screenshot, no need to send in private.
Hi,

I had formatted my phone using TWRP and went through the process of re-installing everything again and it worked.

No issues so far.

Thanks.

P.S. I did not wipe anything just format. it is worth a try for those who are having issues, but please backup everything first before you do. Thanks.

Hello and thank you for your amazing work XIAOMI.EU, I really appreciate it. Whatever I say is less.
I wanted to state that I am facing same issue after updating my MI8-SE from MIUI-11 to MIUI-12 of xiaomi.eu.
The error detail is:
Code:
java.lang.SecurityException: Proxy package com.android.providers.contacts from uid 10021 or calling package com.android.providers.contacts from uid 10050 not allowed to perform READ_CALL_LOG
From my vantage point, this could be related to miui's rom but this permission could be added by xiaomi.eu's devs if main factory have forgot or we can send reports and hope for a solution.
Regards.

Hello and thank you for your amazing work XIAOMI.EU, I really appreciate it. Whatever I say is less.
I wanted to state that I am facing same issue after updating my MI8-SE from MIUI-11 to MIUI-12 of xiaomi.eu.
The error detail is:
Code:
java.lang.SecurityException: Proxy package com.android.providers.contacts from uid 10021 or calling package com.android.providers.contacts from uid 10050 not allowed to perform READ_CALL_LOG
From my vantage point, this could be related to miui's rom but this permission could be added by xiaomi.eu's devs if main factory have forgot or we can send reports and hope for a solution.
Regards.
I hope we get a fix for this, pretty much the only bug I've encountered on MIUI 12 so far. Slds,

Reactions: f.partonia
I tried to pull Contacts.apk from the rom and decompile it; surprisingly, READ_CALL_LOG permission is present in apk's manifest! What is the problem?

I agree with you @REDMI_GT, Never have I seen such a stable rom.

I tried to pull Contacts.apk from the rom and decompile it; surprisingly, READ_CALL_LOG permission is present in apk's manifest! What is the problem?

View attachment 31985
I agree with you @REDMI_GT, Never have I seen such a stable rom.
Sounds like you have a configuration problem when you updated, but nothing we can do about that, we can't even reproduce it ourselves.
Try a factory reset, might solve your issue.

Hello together
I updated to 12.0.4 ...and surprise, surprise
everything is working fine now...
Is that a stable version? I have a mi 8 and we are out of luck with stable updates. Did you wipe everything? Or just dirty flash? Slds,

I got the same problem on my Mi9SE MIUI 12.0.2, when I tried to add a phone number I just called to a existing contact, the dial app crashed.

Reactions: Led Zeppelin
same here with mi note 3 and latest stable miui 12.0.1
When i try the new contact add app crashing, , need to first dial and than add.