Contacts app- improvement. - where to save the contact

chris_abr

Members
Nov 27, 2010
do you remember the htc contacts app ? ( :D )
they had an option to "where to save the contact".
it's really useful thing, because sometimes you have a facebook friend who has a phone number and say they use pingchat! aswell, but you can't link them together because the facebook friend is on facebook account instead of on google account.

now my point is- what if they included that option in the contacts app?
just additional line in edit contact screen, like where the contact's being saved.
also- it's really useful if you use things like skype, pingchat!, and stuff like this, it's much easier to save the contacts then. just link them all together.

I hope you get what I mean, and i'd be glad if someone could tell the miui devs about that thing, I can bet it's a thing that people want. :p

thats a good point. i never questioned this, i just assumed that everything was getting saved to my gmail, but in retrospect i dont think my new contacts have been being saving there

they're saved on gmail, as long as it's new number, but when it comes to skype or ping contacts they're all stored on separate services, but It'd be nice it they were saved on gmail account, and just had like a link to skype/other im contacts. so that you could call someone from your contacts app, and didn't necessairly have to look for skype app to do it. ;p

I mean it's not like it's a lot of work to implement this..

Cm6 lets you choose where to save as well. I wonder if we can just pull in that apk?

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App