Converting Mi Pad 2 From Windows To Android, Cant Boot To Twrp

AbyssD

Members
Apr 5, 2016
Hi guys, i flashed MIUI on windows Mi Pad 2, i have unlocked bootloader and after flashing TWRP in fastboot im trying to boot in Recovery but it boots on the screen which says that my bootloader is unlocked and press volume up for normal boot and volume down for Fastboot

How can i boot on TWRP?? I tried holding volume up after flasing twrp.img and hit the command fastboot reboot it didnt work! I tried also manually with power button and volume up also didnt work. And i boot it up normally and tried from updater app to boot into recovery mode but also didnt work it boots only on the bootloader..

This is what i didnt understand "This toolbox is not fixing "error 03" for unlocked bootloader! You can fix this error by flashing boot/bootloader images from Xiaomi.eu ROM (I would never do like this)."

This is fixable without a problem while having unlocket bootloader and twrp?

This is what i didnt understand "This toolbox is not fixing "error 03" for unlocked bootloader! You can fix this error by flashing boot/bootloader images from Xiaomi.eu ROM (I would never do like this)."

This is fixable without a problem while having unlocket bootloader and twrp?

This tool will not fix error 03 when you have unlocked bootloader.
You can fix it by flashing bootloader from appropriate Xiaomi.eu ROM. It's up to you. That's all.
What exactly is not clear?

Thank you for providing all those information. What is not clear is if you flash boot/bootloader images what is going to happen does the bootloader lock again? Do you lost the Custom Recovery? You say (I would never do like this) can you explain it?

Thank you for providing all those information. What is not clear is if you flash boot/bootloader images what is going to happen does the bootloader lock again? Do you lost the Custom Recovery? You say (I would never do like this) can you explain it?

How bootloader connected to recovery? Only thing is, that you can't have TWRP and NOT unlocked bootloader and you CAN'T have TWRP and any stock/stock based ROM.
Another question - for what you need TWRP? But it's up to you.

Sorry man my English are bad, so to understand correctly from this guide https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/flashing-from-windows-to-miui.38622/ if i do the step:3. Getting rid of Error code 03 i will not have TWRP and unlocked bootloader??

Right now im on latest MIUI Stable and im trying to install TWRP so i can install Xiaomi.eu Rom but i cant since i can get into the TWRP

3 means, that when you will flash TWRP, by default, you will get error 03. And it's not Toolbox fault. To remove this error, you can flash modified bootloader from Xiaomi.eu. That's all.

Now makes sense now i think i understand.. So by flashing those bellow in the China stable rom im getting rid of the error code 03 and then i can boot normally on twrp yes?
fastboot devices
fastboot boot loader.efi
fastboot oem verified
fastboot continue

Now makes sense now i think i understand.. So by flashing those bellow in the China stable rom im getting rid of the error code 03 and then i can boot normally on twrp yes?
fastboot devices
fastboot boot loader.efi
fastboot oem verified
fastboot continue

No. :) Once again TWRP = "unlocked" bootloader and error "03". You can remove error "03" by flashing custom bootloader from Xiaomi.eu ROM, but if you using NOT Xiaomi.eu ROM, this might impact stability of your device.
If you are on China ROM, for waht you need TWRP!?! What you are going to install with it?

Reactions: AbyssD
Im sorry im really getting on you nerves and i apologize for that..

I installed China Rom as the first step to leave from Windows 10, but i don't want to keep the China Rom, i want to install Xiaomi.eu Rom so i can have Google Apps and Multi-Language, how do i do that since when i flash twrp.image and trying to boot into recovery im booting into the bootloader instead which says volume up to boot normally and volume down for fastboot?

Im sorry im really getting on you nerves and i apologize for that..

I installed China Rom as the first step to leave from Windows 10, but i don't want to keep the China Rom, i want to install Xiaomi.eu Rom so i can have Google Apps and Multi-Language, how do i do that since when i flash twrp.image and trying to boot into recovery im booting into the bootloader instead which says volume up to boot normally and volume down for fastboot?

Ok man. Take this tool. Download ROM from here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/fastboot-rom-with-gapps-root-and-some-other-stuffs.34148/ , put extracted files to ROM subfolder of universal tool and flash with it. Easiest way.

To install from thread you pointed to, you need TWRP, but you will not get root, for example.
I created 8.2.1 based on China stable and uploading it now. So wait a while and I'll publish a link.

I dont really mind getting or not root, i just want to have TWRP and install all the updated roms on the release can you guide me how to do so please?

anyone still keeping the last ofw mi pad 2 for win10 to miui? id like to install android on this as win10 is not suitable os for a small spec