Correct way to flash Xiaomi.eu ROM

Mi8Turbo

Members
Mar 19, 2021
Hello everyone, i will flash xiaomi.eu rom for the first time on my Note 8, but i need to know some infos, once on recovery, in advanced wipe, i need to wipe /system and /vendor partition too? I've read around of some users that wiping the /system partition isn't required anymore, since the new rom do it already while flashing. Is it true? Or it's better to wipe /system before the flash of the rom? Also after the rom has finished flashing, before doing reboot to system, i need to wipe data again? I'm currently using the Official Stable Xiaomi ROM. The custom recovery will be TWRP.

Hello,

"Format Data" in TWRP (in "Wipe" menu => "Format Data" button) is the only thing to do for the first installation of the Xiaomi.eu ROM.

So, wiping "/system", "/vendor" or "/data" partition is useless.

;)

Hello,

"Format Data" in TWRP (in "Wipe" menu => "Format Data" button) is the only thing to do for the first installation of the Xiaomi.eu ROM.

So, wiping "/system", "/vendor" or "/data" partition is useless.

;)

Thanks for the quick answer! You think will be needed to do "Format Data" again before doing "Reboot to system"?

Thanks for the quick answer! You think will be needed to do "Format Data" again before doing "Reboot to system"?
"Format Data" only once:

Xiaomi.eu advise to do it before ROM installation but you will certainly need to "Reboot" => "Recovery" after format in order to transfert the Xiaomi.eu ROM (zip file) in the phone.

;)

"Format Data" only once:

Xiaomi.eu advise to do it before ROM installation but you will certainly need to "Reboot" => "Recovery" after format in order to transfert the Xiaomi.eu ROM (zip file) in the phone.

;)

The ROM have to be flashed only by transferring the .zip package on the phone internal storage, or i can put the .zip package on my sd card?