CPU all cores always on

Malina27

Members
Jun 17, 2018
I have noticed strange issue with my MIX2. It all began when I noticed battery drain on MIUI 9.6 when i bought it and it carried over to MIUI 10.

When I checked what was draining out battery I found it was google play services and I fixed it and battery drain was much lesser than before. But then I noticed that battery generally doesn't hold good, even when I am browsing and checking mails my battery goes down very fast. I rooted phone and installed kernel manager and noticed that my cpu cores never go offline.

Screenshot_2018-06-26-09-53-37-503_com.cpuid.cpu_z[61464].pngScreenshot_2018-06-26-11-32-02-017_com.franco.kernel.png

As you can see on pictures above all cores stays online all the time and on min frequency. I lowered min frequency to 300Mhz becuse it was set much higher by default.

Is this normal thing, I think its not because I had many phones before MIX 2 and I have currently MI MAX with me and cores go offline on it, as you can see it on screenshot bellow. MAX is on MIUI 9.1 7.11.9 build.

SAVE_20180626_115400.png

Anyone facing this issue on their MIX 2?

Same here, I have no idea if it's the way it should work or not, but it was like that since I got the phone anyway and the battery life was not bad (6 hours SOT)

It is perfectly normal and pretty much how all CPUs from the last 3 years have functioned, if you're draining battery fast, it's probably a rogue app or a setting you have draining the battery. I get 5h screen on time over 48h or about 7-8 hours after like a 14-15h day. Around half lte, half WiFi and I mainly browse the web, text and watch YouTube and play a couple games here and there