Crappy In-call Audio Quality

The Dork Knight

Members
Jan 11, 2012
Is it just me, or is the call speaker, the one you press to your ear, subpar in terms of quality? It's really hard to describe, but during call it sounds like something inside is vibrating or buzzing or something like that. Especially on higher volume.

The strength of the anomaly depends on the voice level and tone of the person I'm talking to, but the quality is poor in any case.

Did I get a faulty device or is it a known issue? Any way to fix it?

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

Just a quick update. Turns out I received Mi Note with a broken earpiece speaker. I wrote a complaint to the shop I got it from (HonorBuy.com) and after trying everything they suggested, they told me to send the phone back for service.

I've sent it back today, along with a detailed description of the problem, so we'll see how it all turns out. It will be an interesting first hand experience in getting your broken device fixed, after buying it from a webshop - something many people fear and why they avoid buying phones form web shops in the first place.

I wonder if they'll try to convince me that the problem doesn't exist (since, after all, the speaker works, it's "just" that it buzzes like hell). So far they've been polite and helpful.

BTW they were willing to send me a new device, but only if the broken one has no scratches, dents or any other sings of wear. That, of course, isn't the case with my device, since it's pretty much impossible to keep a phone in mint condition unless you wrap it in a case (which I won't do, ever). Perhaps a good tip for someone who doesn't mind using a mobile phone case - that's a good reason to do it.

@ Dork, can you follow up on your experience with honorbuy later, please? I also bought my phone from them, and ALMOST sent it back last week as the USB connection was suddenly not working--not detected by my PC. (Luckily I went into Developer options and turned off USB debugging and that fixed it.) I was dreading having to return the phone.

Cheers