Unusable audio during singing and playing in video calls

wochozka

Members
Apr 23, 2021
Dear Xiaomi users,
during the korona-time we have the distatnce learning it is hard to "transfer music and singing" via Google Meet, MS Teams, Zoom, etc. We found problem on Xiaomi phones, only Xiaomi phones. It occurs on couple of student's Xiaomi phones.

We start our classroom (sometime it is one to one session) where we have singing or (not and) piano or chello or violin playing. First couple of seconds is everything good, but then come something like noise, sound interruption, like drowning music.

It looks like to me some filter are trying reduce background noise. I already have tried app OpenCamera, where I set audio source as unprocessed. That was good, absolutely no problem during recording in any app. The problem is in video calls only.

Thank you for any point,

David.

I am not sure if your students were using the custom xiaomi.eu ROM, but what your describing definitely sounds like noise reduction. I am not certain how you turn it off though.

Thank you for your answer. I thought that it is the noise reduction too. But I don't know if is possible to turn it off or disable for a while (during the singing or playing). All phones I've tested were with original ROM "as we bought it" for Czech and Slovak market. Maybe it should be better with some alternative ROM (I mean other original, for another countries EU like Germat, Dannish of USA). I'll write the result here ;).