Custom bootanimation

Cloud_Rainy

Members
Feb 12, 2021
Hello, I am on the beta version of the xiaomi.eu ROM. I would like to install a custom bootanimation, how can this be done? I tried to access / system to go to / media, except it doesn't exist. Could there be another way, I specify that my phone is not rooted.

I would also like to roll back by installing the stable xiaomi.eu version 12.5 version, it seems to me that there is anti-rollback protection, so can I directly flash the ROM without losing my data and applications (I have a poco f2 pro)

thank you in advance

Hello, I am on the beta version of the xiaomi.eu ROM. I would like to install a custom bootanimation, how can this be done? I tried to access / system to go to / media, except it doesn't exist. Could there be another way, I specify that my phone is not rooted.
You can't access /system because you are not rooted or system partition not mounted (if using custom recovery)
Your options are:
1, make a theme with your custom boot animation.
2, root your device and make a magisk mod with your boot animation.

I would also like to roll back by installing the stable xiaomi.eu version 12.5 version,
No anti-rollback protection with Xiaomi.eu roms.

Reactions: Cloud_Rainy
Good evening! Thank you for your reply.

I took care to mount all partitions, and in / system some folders are present however, there is no folder named "media". I am using a custom recovery (twrp).

So you suggest that I use the themes, but I don't see how to just import a bootanimation.
I don't want to root my device due to the vagueness that the warranty expires due to rooting the device, if there is any problem, I prefer to reflash the official ROM to benefit from the warranty.

To switch to the stable version, does that mean that I can flash miui 12.5 stable (Xiaomi.eu version) without any incompatibilities and loss of data? I am at version 12.6.16

I don't want to root my device due to the vagueness that the warranty expires due to rooting the device, if there is any problem, I prefer to reflash the official ROM to benefit from the warranty.
You have an unlocked bootloader
You installed a custom recovery
You installed a custom rom
Your warranty is already void long time ago.
Rooting is only icing on an already tasty cake.

So you suggest that I use the themes, but I don't see how to just import a bootanimation.
Creating a theme...you can find guidelines on the internet.

To switch to the stable version, does that mean that I can flash miui 12.5 stable (Xiaomi.eu version) without any incompatibilities and loss of data
If your current rom is a stable version, you can flash 12.5 to update. Else you have to format data.

I am at version 12.6.16
12.6?
This doesn't look correct.

Reactions: Cloud_Rainy
12.6?
This doesn't look correct.
12.6.16 = 21.6.16 and it's called "MIUI 12.6 (Beta)" by Xiaomi.eu. ^^

Anyway, switching to Stable is not a good idea...

@Cloud_Rainy Your device is NOT old so it has dynamic partitions: Meaning when you install an Official or a Xiaomi.eu ROM, /system and /vendor partitions are in "forced" read-only mode.

TWRP can't modify anything in these partitions so you should install Magisk (root) if you want to modify these (via the use of Magisk modules).

;)

Last edited:
Thanks @Poney70 and @geoorg for your help.
You tell me that I lost my warranty, I still wanted to know, if I reflash the official version, my device will still be able to benefit from the warranty? Because xiaomi, is not very clear on the subject. If the answer is no, what can I do? Nothing ?

Otherwise, indeed, I am on the version named by poney70, I do not want to root my device, so I will try with the themes and find out more.

Thanks @Poney70 and @geoorg for your help.
You tell me that I lost my warranty, I still wanted to know, if I reflash the official version, my device will still be able to benefit from the warranty? Because xiaomi, is not very clear on the subject. If the answer is no, what can I do? Nothing ?

Otherwise, indeed, I am on the version named by poney70, I do not want to root my device, so I will try with the themes and find out more.
Download this Mtz files https://mega.nz/file/b00wDRIR#6TnqsLsCKvJFMZvRQl5WYiw36ceZcr1BU6UJIDcfcRs

Open it with 7z or others ,change the bootanimation.zip in boots folder,install with themes.