Delayed devices causes?

scarl5

Members
Aug 22, 2019
Why do releases get delayed for some specific devices? Is it some kind of issue with that particular deivce or is just left behind because there is no time to implement?

Because Xiaomi... If Xiaomi decide to NOT release new Beta ROMs for your device because of potential issues (from internal testing), then you will not get a new Weekly ROM by Xiaomi.eu. ;)

Just a theory, since Xiaomi released cepheus this week, but not raphael, and from the fact that building davinci was very difficult for us due to not enough space on system partition, I would say that many of Xiaomi's difficulties with updating older devices are due to the lack of dynamic partitions on these devices, which forces them to make changes like not preoptimizing (preoptimizing results in faster first boot times and saves space on the data partition, not much else) and removing optional apps altogether from their ROMs for older devices, all because they have to fit their ROMs to predefined partition sizes.
Luckily, this doesn't affect us, usually, since we manage to fit our ROMs without issues, but for davinci we had to make an extra cleaning step that freed 75MB, which was enough to complete the build. Hence the delay on our side with releasing davinci. I can only imagine that this could be the reason why raphael wasn't released, since it's ROM is almost the same as cepheus's ROM.

Due to the problem of the lack of space in the system partition, you could assume that we no longer receive the new features mentioned for the future of miui 12, new versions of miui (such as miui 13) or new versions of android (unlikely, but eg Android 13)?

Or could Xiaomi fix it somehow? It is a question, i have Mi 9T.

Thanks.

Due to the problem of the lack of space in the system partition, you could assume that we no longer receive the new features mentioned for the future of miui 12, new versions of miui (such as miui 13) or new versions of android (unlikely, but eg Android 13)?

Or could Xiaomi fix it somehow? It is a question, i have Mi 9T.

Thanks.
Not sure how you expect me to answer that. I don't do guessing.

What is your opinion on the time estimated to get fixed for those devices? Based on previous similar problems and that kind of stuff

What is your opinion on the time estimated to get fixed for those devices? Based on previous similar problems and that kind of stuff
I don't bother memorizing that kind of stuff, got more important things to deal with...