Delete twrp, lock bootlader and back rom stock

pedrag2

Members
Jul 23, 2021
Hello:

I am going to sell my xiaomi 11t pro phone and first I want to leave it as it was when I bought it, go back to global rom, remove custom twrp and close the bootloader, now it has xiaomi.eu rom.

In order not to make a mistake and brick the phone, I ask for your advice and help.

I think I have to put global rom, tgz file, with my flash option clean all, but I don't know if it removes the twrp. If you don't delete it to remove it you should flash recovery.img of the global rom you would have flashed.

It would only be necessary to close the bootloader again, from fastboot with the oem lock command it would be closed, is what I am saying correct? Or would I have to do something else or in another way?

Thanks and regards.

Reactions: PoseidoN MS
If you are absolutely certain the rom you're are installing is correct, you can flash the stock rom with miflash and use "clean all and lock", it will format the whole device, write stock partitions and lock the bootloader, twrp will be gone as well. If you remove the phone on your mi account, you won't be prompted to log in with the account previously used on the device. It'll be as if you just unboxed the phone.

If you are absolutely certain the rom you're are installing is correct, you can flash the stock rom with miflash and use "clean all and lock", it will format the whole device, write stock partitions and lock the bootloader, twrp will be gone as well. If you remove the phone on your mi account, you won't be prompted to log in with the account previously used on the device. It'll be as if you just unboxed the phone.

Thanks for answering.

I don't remember which was the original stock rom, I don't know if it was global or european. I'm afraid to put a wrong stock rom and the phone will brick.

I bought the phone through Amazon in an Italian store.

I don't know what to do, but I would like to deliver it in factory condition.

Would you do the process equally with the global stock rom?

Thanks.

If you have a Global device you can use any Global ROM and lock the bootloader regardless of which market it was intended for. This means EEA , Global, RU, TR, India, etc.
If you have a Chinese device you cannot use Global ROM and lock the bootloader.

Attachments

• xiaomi_mi_10_pro_review_4-scaled.jpg
    xiaomi_mi_10_pro_review_4-scaled.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 165
If you have a Global device you can use any Global ROM and lock the bootloader regardless of which market it was intended for. This means EEA , Global, RU, TR, India, etc.
Thank you, I bought the phone in an Italian web store through Amazon, it came with all languages including mine, Spanish, I think it must be an international terminal and not from China.

Hello and excuse me for insisting, you say that if the terminal is Global with EEA version, I could flash and close the bootloader with a global MI version rom without there being a brick on the phone?, I want to be sure.

Thanks

Do flash need OEM unlocking and how to make it appear? because my xiaomi run pixel experience and don't have OEM unlocking

Regards!

Last edited:
Do flash need OEM unlocking and how to make it appear? because my xiaomi run pixel experience and don't have OEM unlocking

Regards!
If you have Pixel Experience installed, then your device is already unlocked. Why do you bother with searching for "OEM unlocking"?

Reactions: tienthanh
Hello people!
Two years ago I bought my Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite - gauguin and immediately installed the .eu rom.
Today for various reasons (the device is now EOL...i'm facing several problems caused by safetynet...and above all, last but not least, it is very likely that I will soon sell this device to buy a new one ...), I would like to go back to the global rom and close the bootloader again but I'm quite worried about the procedure and above all about the possibility of bricking the device.
For this reason, I wanted to confirm the correctness and safety of the procedure before proceeding, since I have several doubts and questions to ask.

1) First of all, I think I understand that to avoid bricking the device, it is essential to identify the correct stock rom to flash.
About that, I'm actually not sure if the device arrived with a Global, EEA, or Italian (if it exists) rom installed.
Is there any difference then in the stock rom to choose?
I think I should use the Mi 10T Lite Latest Global Stable Version Fastboot File (located at this link: https://bigota.d.miui.com/V13.0.8.0...M_20221219.0000.00_12.0_global_dfade06649.tgz)
Can anyone confirm that this is correct?

2) After downloading the rom, it should be sufficient to install it with MiFlash by connecting the device to the PC via fastboot and ticking "clean all and lock".

3) Are there any further preliminary operations to do (for example deactivating security sequence or fingerprint... or exiting Mi account.. or whatever)?

Can I be safe using this procedure?
Thanks in advance for the help.

1) If your device is Global version you can use it
SJSMIXM= Global International
or
SJSEUXM= Global EEA (for the EU market)

2) Yes.

3) Before installation, I recommend removing the Mi account and Google account from your phone.

Reactions: PaoloCosta86
1) If your device is Global version you can use it
SJSMIXM= Global International
or
SJSEUXM= Global EEA (for the EU market)

2) Yes.

3) Before installation, I recommend removing the Mi account and Google account from your phone.

Thanks for the reply and for the help.

1) I bought the device on Amazon.it and I don't remember if it arrived with a global or EEA or Italian rom installed (if it exists). In any case, if I have understood correctly, I can use global stock rom indifferently (regardless of whether it is the international or European version) as long as the device has not arrived with a Chinese rom installed (and I am 100% sure that it was not Chinese rom pre-installed). Am i right?
Another question: should I use the latest global rom available or should I use the first one? Can you confirm the correctness of the link I indicated to download it?

Yes. You can install any Global ROM regardless of which region it is intended for. But only if your device is Global version.
If you have a Chinese device, you must not lock the bootloader with the Global ROM.

Attachments

• jIZN9HV.jpg
    jIZN9HV.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: mik101

1) First of all, I think I understand that to avoid bricking the device, it is essential to identify the correct stock rom to flash.
About that, I'm actually not sure if the device arrived with a Global, EEA, or Italian (if it exists) rom installed.
Is there any difference then in the stock rom to choose?
I think I should use the Mi 10T Lite Latest Global Stable Version Fastboot File (located at this link: https://bigota.d.miui.com/V13.0.8.0...M_20221219.0000.00_12.0_global_dfade06649.tgz)