DESPERATE HELP! Switching from MIUI CHINA to MIUI GLOBAL

pongo

Members
Aug 17, 2023
I have a Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G (Renoir)

Previously I was on Miui 13.0.4.0 (EEA/EU), then upgraded to Miui 14.0.10.0. (CN/CHINA) using this YouTube tutorial:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

( This worked and had to perform a factory reset as multiple failures occurred. Cameras, microphone, assessing storage)

I wanted to revert back to MIUI GLOBAL, but this ended up in a boot loop; resulting in a Miui recovery screen. This resolved the boot loop. (I was trying to install a Taiwan 14.0.5.0 ROM) This process was followed as the youtube tutorial shows.

How can I revert back to MIUI GLOBAL? Is there any way where I don't have to unlock the bootloader? (I miss the Google Infrastructure and am very desperate and stressed to find a solution) + scared of the possibility to brick my beloved phone!

Thank you for reading this thread, I am relatively new to roms, Miui, and technical shenanigans, and will appreciate every suggestion/feedback.
Have a lovely day!

This is a somehow dangerous way especially you cross-flash with China ROMs, best advice I can give is flash to one that can boot, apply for unlock, then flash and lock MIUI Global

Reactions: pongo
Hello as it is said above normally it is not too recommended to change rom out of what was installed if you are in European rom it is for you. must stay on the EU. After as he say unlock the bootloader and reflash the EEA version

Envoyé de mon 22101316G en utilisant Tapatalk

This is a somehow dangerous way especially you cross-flash with China ROMs, best advice I can give is flash to one that can boot, apply for unlock, then flash and lock MIUI Global
Hello! Thank you for responding, I am very grateful for this new knowledge.
I was just wondering if relocking the bootloader, with the installed MIUI Global, would brick the device or send a "System is destroyed" message

Hi personal I don't think so as long as you respect the eom unlock and USB debug then unlock the bootloader and EEA Global flash behind make a backup with a tool or on pc always

Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 5 G

Sorry for the bother, but would this YouTube tutorial:
work on my situation? Will it brick? + Will I get OTA updates. ( I am currently waiting to unlock the bootloader )

Last edited:
Sorry for the bother, but would this YouTube tutorial:
work on my situation? Will it brick? + Will I get OTA updates. ( I am currently waiting to unlock the bootloader )
First, you should flash back any MIUI that is still booting. Then you apply for bootloader unlocking, wait for 7 days, unlock your phone and flash the original ROM back with the option flash_and_lock.