Device Associated With Mi Account Solution

Midvik

Members
Sep 30, 2017
Hello everybody! I have alcatel pop c7 and ported miui on it since i bought that phone as i REALLY like that rom (from miui5 onwards). After a couple of years i finally bought MI Redmi Pro over our internet shop (something like ebay but for my country). The problem i encountered is when i powered it on it keeps asking me about password as it was obviously used by someone before me and that person i bought it from is no longer returning my calls or messages.

Message is: " Your device is associated with an existing Mi Account...etc "

So, as i spent my hard earned money on that phone (i'm a student and i worked over whole summer for that phone) i would like it to work at least..right? I was clearly scammed and can't get my money back or use my new phone, so can someone help me somehow with some information how to fix this or contact someone who can unlink this phone from that account so i can use it? I'm desperate here, please help me!

Thank you!

Thx for your reply, i already tried that. On another thread says edl mode is disabled in miui8 and that there is no way to enable it. When i use MiFlash tool it just stops with error that it can't flash boot partition 'cause of permissions. Guess i'll just wait for xiaomi global customer service to answer my mail and see if it's worth the wait :) Hope they will help me..

So at the end, bootloader was locked, no way to enable usb debugging, so no way to fix this problem in any way on the whole internet. Luckily good guys from mi support helped me and unlocked it in a couple of days. As they said, you just need patience and all problems will be resolved :)