New Device Locked By Deleted Mi Account

Sep 8, 2016
I had installed official china rom miui8 on my recently bought phone Redmi Note 2, associated with mi account 1624904222.
Everything worked fine.

I was not very satisfied with Xiaomi online services and so, I deleted mi account on official web site, without knowing that first I have to sign out from same account on my phone.

After that, when I installed global version of MIUI 8, on the first boot it asked for password from deleted account. When I wrote password from deleted account it said "wrong user name or password" and then locked my phone ("device locked").
A have this problem with all MIUI 8 versions (eu, global, chinese).

Now, I'm stuck on MIUI 7 where I can just skip mi registration.

Please advice, how can I unhook my phone from account that I have deleted?

I've tried with official Xiaomi support but they just keep repeating: contact your seller. How can seller help me when my phone hardware is ok and my problem is concerned with Xiaomi online service?

Thank you

Last edited:
Not sure this will be of any help but have a look:
http://en.miui.com/thread-31763-1-1.html
yes this tutorial is very useful, but in my case I deleted my account from mi cloud service without before sign out my phone (mi account option on the phone- sign out).
So, I know my account ID and password but they are useless because account is deleted.
If there is any possibility to restore/recover deleted account on mi cloud it would be perfect. Or maybe some other solution.

Last edited:
yes, I share your opinion, but I've found a person on this forum site with identical problem who claimed that get help from xiaomi eu support.
I'm new to this forum site and I'm still not allowed to attach links.
Did you ask on miui forum? I think they could help you.
But first of all, have you tried to create a brand new account on i.mi.com?

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

You can try to create a brand new account on http://en.miui.com on en.miui.com there is a forum and the same account will usefull with your phone account

thank you for your help but I am not quite sure that I can understand you.
Please explain what kind of account should I open on miui web site.
Please be more specific in details, this is my first Xiaomi phone and everything is new for me.
thank you

thank you for your advice.
I tried to open new account, but beside new-created account, my phone is stil locked to old-deleted account.
Yep, but try to ask on that forum the same question, is the xiaomi official forum so they could help you. There is also an email for help service in the link i've just post to you, you could write to service.sg@xiaomi.com an email exposing your issue.

Yep, but try to ask on that forum the same question, is the xiaomi official forum so they could help you. There is also an email for help service in the link i've just post to you, you could write to service.sg@xiaomi.com an email exposing your issue.

maybe forum can help me, but concerning helping trough mail service.sg@xiaomi.com, after 14 mails sent to them, their only answer was "contact your seller".
I've told them that this is problem with miui cloud service, that my phone as hardware is ok, but they didn't want/try to understand me

maybe forum can help me, but concerning helping trough mail service.sg@xiaomi.com, after 14 mails sent to them, their only answer was "contact your seller".
I've told them that this is problem with miui cloud service, that my phone as hardware is ok, but they didn't want/try to understand me
Try the forum, may be somebody suggest you a work around.

yes, I share your opinion, but I've found a person on this forum site with identical problem who claimed that get help from xiaomi eu support.
I'm new to this forum site and I'm still not allowed to attach links.
I think you need to have 10 posts to share links. Try again, if you still can't post links, edit the link in some way (put an empty space or delete the .com part or something)

This is exactly the problem I have with my Mi4i and I couldn't find the solution yet.

A guy on the official forum posted a something about it: http://en.miui.com/thread-202266-1-1.html

I couldn't try it because I lent it to one of my family member, but this maybe the last solution I have...

thank you for your reply, but as I said before, my phone is locked to account that I have deleted

Last edited:
I'm in contact with the customer service regarding this "security" but they don't seem to find a working solution yet...

As far as I know, the account is linked to the device IMEI... The final solution might be to change this IMEI in order to have the device we PAID for, working...

I'm in contact with the customer service regarding this "security" but they don't seem to find a working solution yet...

As far as I know, the account is linked to the device IMEI... The final solution might be to change this IMEI in order to have the device we PAID for, working...

Thank you for your help.
I've also tried with changing IMEI and WIFI mac address, but also without any success.
I've used SN Writer, with successful changing IMEI and mac address, but when I install MIUI 8 (without sim-card and wi-fi off), the phone let me to enter to home screen, but after minut or two it locked my phone. This happened while I was offline. So I guess that there is "security patch" which use some other parameters offline (maybe serial number).
But most irritating is that you can't use your legally bought phone because of some inappropriate online security service.

I quarantined the system app "Mi Account" and ran into same issue. Factory reset helped me and during set up process I had to re-associate my device with original Mi Account.

I have the same problem that you, just I have a redmi note 4 and it havent miui 7, just miui 8 and up and I cant log into my count because it is delete...
How solved this problem??

I have the same problem that you, just I have a redmi note 4 and it havent miui 7, just miui 8 and up and I cant log into my count because it is delete...
How solved this problem??

For me factory restore or I believe if you have a nandroid backup and can get into recovery mode that should also work.

For me factory restore or I believe if you have a nandroid backup and can get into recovery mode that should also work.
I have botloader lock and havent recovery. I just flash the phone with SP Flash Tool. Not root too...