Device Unlocked, No Custom Recovery

cvetko4

Members
Jun 11, 2017
Hi,

so How can i flash custom recovery like TWRP on my phone? I already unlocked it via miunlock.
Checked too via command fastboot oem device-info
device tampered: false
device unlocked: true
device critical unlocked: true
charger screen enabled: true

I've installed bunch of twrp recovery but noone seems to work, it flashes correctly no problems all okay
twrp_3.1.0.2_libra_nougat
twrp-3.1.0-0-libra
TWRP-3.1.0-2-libra-L

My phone is currently running MIUI 8.2.3.0 NXKCNEC china rom, with android 7.0 NRD90M Nougat.

When I boot in recovery mode i've 3 options (all written in chinese). You are selecting those options with vol up/down button and to confirm with button on/off.
Screen is in black and blue theme.
1st options is to reboot phone to normal
2nd is to wipe data
3nd is to connect via phone, appears screen of phone and below the page zhushou.xiaomi.com

I've no idea what can I do more.

thanks

How EXACTLY did out flashed twrp? Where did you took the recoveries from?

If you have nougat and you have unlocked BT its highly probable the the old twrp was wiped and what yo have now is a twrp version installed by you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hey,

previously i had twrp 3.1.0.0 but then went for a new firmware libra_images_V8.2.3.0.NXKCNEC_20170407.0000.00_7.0_cn_65308fae52.tgz flashed with MiFlash and since then no recovery mode, bootloader was locked after that update. OK, I tried to install bootloader but the fastboot was giving an error something with the partition. So I discovered that I need to unlock my phone.
I asked miunlock for unlock then with the program I unlocked the device and I could finally install bootloader without any problems [okey]. Checked with the command and its says that is true as unlocked.
But the recovery mode didnt change at all, is the same just after a complete flash of image 8.2.3.0 in chinese, no metter what i do it remains the same...no idea why.

Searched for twrp for android 7.0 libra aka Nougat.
Tried many versions but no go..
Installed via fastboot, booted phone to fastboot, connected to pc, searched if any device connected and then flashed with "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" all was [okey] and fastboot reboot.

thanks

Try twrp 3.1 by andropax. Google it.
You seem to have the proper setup but for some reason it does not work.

As last resort you can do a downgrade to 6.1.7 (there is a guide on xda) and then retake all the steps using miui.eu roms this time,just to be sure your problem is not rom related.

Trimis de pe al meu Pixel folosind Tapatalk

Reactions: iamme729
Hey,

just did the downgrade to 6.1.7 image with android 5.1.1.
And now i have mi-recovery 2.0.1
With fastboot i flashed "twrp-3.0.2-0-libra" tried "twrp-3.1.0-0-libra" too.
But no go still MI-Recovery is up...its like before

Make a print screen of you PC after fastboot flashing TWRP via minimal adb.

It is very odd .

Hey,

i used this command to get to recovery after flash it "fastboot boot twrp.img"
But now phone always boot in recovery and dont go into system.....i wiped all, installed eu rom "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_V8.2.1.0.LXKCNDL_v8-5.1"
did reboot to system but is rebooting again into recovery.

Its really annyoing this...

thanks

Hey,

i used this command to get to recovery after flash it "fastboot boot twrp.img"
But now phone always boot in recovery and dont go into system.....i wiped all, installed eu rom "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_V8.2.1.0.LXKCNDL_v8-5.1"
did reboot to system but is rebooting again into recovery.

Its really annyoing this...

thanks
So you have TWRP now? Mount system.

Yes, I have it. Updated it to 3.1.0.0. (just to see if 3.0.2.0 wasnt blocked)
But now always boot on twrp recovery.
Mount system, doesnt do anything.
(mount-select system then select storage(i have internal storage or usb otg, i select internal storage press ok, but nothing)
Then i go back to menu, reboot-system, ask if i want to install twrp app than if i want to root/or install supersu ok, reboot and nothing, again it reboots in recovery mode.....

Yes, I have it. Updated it to 3.1.0.0. (just to see if 3.0.2.0 wasnt blocked)
But now always boot on twrp recovery.
Mount system, doesnt do anything.
(mount-select system then select storage(i have internal storage or usb otg, i select internal storage press ok, but nothing)
Then i go back to menu, reboot-system, ask if i want to install twrp app than if i want to root/or install supersu ok, reboot and nothing, again it reboots in recovery mode.....
I know this problem was on 3020 but not on 3100. Don't reboot to anything. Shut down directly and then power on.

I had this too. If TWRP also you to switch from read only and allow modifications just accept it.

I don't know what causes the problem . Either TWRP or the ROM ,or both. Try mounting unmounting system . Then try another ROM.

You have 3.1 by andropax?

Yes, TWRP from andropax. Tried many versions im now on 3.1.0-2
Downloading other ROMs too, but i doubt it will work.

I will flash it to 6.1.7 again just to have a working phone...

Flashed MIUI 8.6 - 7.6.10

Bootloader was locked, TWRP was wiped.

I unlocked bootloader with miunlock.

Downloaded oficial twrp-3.1.1-1-libra.img

Reboot to fastboot mode

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-1-libra.img

Done.