Resolved Dialler app numbers in arabic language cant be changed

niceman2007

Members
Dec 12, 2019
Hi seniors, when i choose arabic language with western numbers ,it stills shows arabic numbers and this is big problem as we don't use arabic numbers just western numbers , calculator also shows this problem
Pls support dialler app with western numbers when we choose -arabic with western numbers-
By mean when i choose arabic language with western numbers the dialler app show arabic numbers not english numbers
This photo shows arabic numbers although i choosed western numbers

note 8
thanx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-12-08-00-40-887_com.android.contacts.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-12-08-00-40-887_com.android.contacts.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 735
Last edited:
Arabic with western numbers? What option is that?
This option from languages ,you can go to languages then changes it to English or to Arabic which is selected in the picture attached ,this is my native language ,
you can see two options
1_just arabic (العربيه)
2-and the second option is
( العربيه الارقام الغربيه)
The second option means: use arabic language but with english numbers

but when i choose the second option i got the numbers of dialler app also in arabic not in english, i want it in english ,did you get it or explain more???

........notice,when i choose second option i can see clock and data rate monitor become western numbers but dialler app doesnt,it insists to be in arabic numbers.......

Attachments

• IMG_20191212_162820.jpg
    IMG_20191212_162820.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 545
Last edited:
This option from languages ,you can go to languages then changes it to English or to Arabic which is selected in the picture attached ,this is my native language ,
you can see two options
1_just arabic (العربيه)
2-and the second option is
( العربيه الارقام الغربيه)
The second option means: use arabic language but with english numbers

but when i choose the second option i got the numbers of dialler app also in arabic not in english, i want it in english ,did you get it or explain more???

........notice,when i choose second option i can see clock and data rate monitor become western numbers but dialler app doesnt,it insists to be in arabic numbers.......
I know what you mean, I'm just not sure whether it's possible. We'll see what we can do for next week's release.

I know what you mean, I'm just not sure whether it's possible. We'll see what we can do for next week's release.
Ok thanx in advance
Can you tell me where is the dialler app language?
I rooted my phone and went to root /system/fonts and removed all arabic fonts but it-imean diallerapp- still show arabic numbers ,so i think it uses fonts from another place can you help me to reach its path???

Ok thanx in advance
Can you tell me where is the dialler app language?
I rooted my phone and went to root /system/fonts and removed all arabic fonts but it-imean diallerapp- still show arabic numbers ,so i think it uses fonts from another place can you help me to reach its path???
You have a misunderstanding. Those dialing keys are not text. Those are images, and that's the problem.
Unfortunately there is no such resource qualifier as "ar-u-nu-latn" on Android, so making separate images for Arabic with Latin digits is not normally possible on Android. Some hacking is involved in order to make that a possibility, but I really don't have the time to work on such a thing right now.

You have a misunderstanding. Those dialing keys are not text. Those are images, and that's the problem.
Unfortunately there is no such resource qualifier as "ar-u-nu-latn" on Android, so making separate images for Arabic with Latin digits is not normally possible on Android. Some hacking is involved in order to make that a possibility, but I really don't have the time to work on such a thing right now.
You are totally allright,i thought that also,
So you can just give me the path to those images and i will modify it myself.

Just want to tell you that this issue annoys broad field of arabians who use xioami phones ,so you can add this issue to your intersets list.

So now i just want you to give me the path to this images and i will be gratefull
Thanx

I forgot to tell you all other phones use this ar-u-nu-latin...language
You can see sony,infinix and samsung ,all of them use the manner i expressed before,
xioami is the only to use differnt numbers .thanx alot for your time
Waiting you send me yhe path
Thanx

I forgot to tell you all other phones use this ar-u-nu-latin...language
You can see sony,infinix and samsung ,all of them use the manner i expressed before,
xioami is the only to use differnt numbers .thanx alot for your time
Waiting you send me yhe path
Thanx
Xiaomi also has that special locale variant... It's just that making images for that special locale is not possible. Other vendors probably use text instead of images, which avoids the issue.
Those images were created by us, by the way, and some of them (including Arabic) also exist on Global ROM, although they also only use Arabic digits.
The images are in Contacts.apk, "res" dir, in all drawable-ar-*hdpi-v4 and drawable-ar-night-*hdpi-v8 dirs.

Had some time to implement support for Arabic with Latin digits locale.
Hope you guys like it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-13-04-50-55-140_com.android.contacts.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-13-04-50-55-140_com.android.contacts.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 302
Oooh thats disappointed,after i updated 12.12.9 rom the second option is totally removed,feel bad

Attachments

• Screenshot_٢٠١٩-١٢-١٣-٠٨-٤٧-٥٧-٥٣٤_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_٢٠١٩-١٢-١٣-٠٨-٤٧-٥٧-٥٣٤_com.android.settings.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 222
Oooh thats disappointed,after i updated 12.12.9 rom the second option is totally removed,feel bad
Android 10? If yes, then it's a known issue to us. Xiaomi "forgot" to add the special locales, but no worries, we already added them back.
Next public release you'll have both the locale option and the dialer keys.

Android 10? If yes, then it's a known issue to us. Xiaomi "forgot" to add the special locales, but no worries, we already added them back.
Next public release you'll have both the locale option and the dialer keys.
No it is android 9 update 12.12.9
Note 8
It is the weekly release
I think some one forgot to add it to this update so i will wait next week release
Just fellow this issue please.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-13-23-12-08-809_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-13-23-12-08-809_com.android.settings.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 248
No it is android 9 update 12.12.9
Note 8
It is the weekly release
I think some one forgot to add it to this update so i will wait next week release
Just fellow this issue please.
"mi - globe.com"? You're at the wrong forum. This is not our ROM.

Ok can you ensure that this rom uploaded on your server has the arabic language with western numbers??
If you ensure that i will download rom again and install it,so i need you just ensure
Thanx alot senior

Ok can you ensure that this rom uploaded on your server has the arabic language with western numbers??
If you ensure that i will download rom again and install it,so i need you just ensure
Thanx alot senior
Actually, that option is missing for your device entirely on China Beta, but it's available on China Stable (I checked the related code).
No idea why Xiaomi removed it, but I'll add the option back for the next release.

Reactions: niceman2007
Actually, that option is missing for your device entirely on China Beta, but it's available on China Stable (I checked the related code).
No idea why Xiaomi removed it, but I'll add the option back for the next release.
Thanx too much
I hope you reback the option with new changes you have done
Thank you again from my heart

Last edited:
Hello again can you check the related code?
Is arabic language with western numbers rebacked in this release plz?!

It's still Not solved. If i choose Arabic. Any number is Indo/Arabic.
If I choose arabic with western numbers, dialer is in western numbers but Mi Calculater isnt.

On Persian It's exakt the other way.

Attachments

• IMG_20200511_124801.jpg
    IMG_20200511_124801.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 690
  • IMG_20200511_125033.jpg
    IMG_20200511_125033.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 517
It's still Not solved. If i choose Arabic. Any number is Indo/Arabic.
If I choose arabic with western numbers, dialer is in western numbers but Mi Calculater isnt.

On Persian It's exakt the other way.
Which version you are use??
They said they rebacked it and when i checked nothing is backed , at last I used EN language instead , that is bad feeling when all phones support arabic language except redmi and xiomi,they will lose many customers.

Attachments

• IMG_20200511_124801.jpg
    IMG_20200511_124801.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_20200511_124538.jpg
    IMG_20200511_124538.jpg
    753.7 KB · Views: 238