Difference between star and mars board name?

pitifj

Members
Jul 27, 2015
star is mi 11 ultra and mars is mi 11 pro but the ROM name is the same. Can explain that? Thanks!

Reactions: Poney70
Found this on Twitter
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mi 11 Pro (mars) is using same firmware as Mi 11 Pro+ / Ultra (star). That's why there is no "mars" firmware. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Guti83
Found this on Twitter

Mi 11 Pro (mars) is using same firmware as Mi 11 Pro+ / Ultra (star). That's why there is no "mars" firmware. :)

So for the fastboot rom can I use the one from Star for Mars?

MI 11 pro MARS does not have global rom in any way?

If I flash rom fastboot stars in mars will it stay in bootloop?

You can successfully install a Global ROM designed for STAR on a MARS device, just remember not to lock the bootloader or you will damage the phone.

Reactions: Guti83 and Poney70
Someone tested and verified to install global fastboot rom from "Stars" in version "MARS"

I don't distrust who answered me before, I just want to make sure I don't leave it in bootloop since the phone is not mine. Thanks to whoever claims to have tried this.

You can successfully install a Global ROM designed for STAR on a MARS device, just remember not to lock the bootloader or you will damage the phone.

Thanks for your answer
I'm a little scared to try it, in a week I'll have the approval to unlock the bootloader and I'll try it there.

I hope nothing happens
Thank you for your cooperation and your response.

I have tested every version of global EEA, each installed via Mislash

Use Miflash 2018.5.28.0

before installation, open the flashall.bat file in the rom folder and delete the line

Code:
::check anti_version
if exist %~dp0images\anti_version.txt (for /f "delims==" %%a in (%~dp0images\anti_version.txt) do (set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=%%a))
if [%CURRENT_ANTI_VER%] EQU [] set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=0
for /f "tokens=2 delims=: " %%i in ('fastboot %* getvar anti 2^>^&1 ^| findstr /r /c:"anti:"') do (set version=%%i)
if [%version%] EQU [] set version=0
set anticheck="antirollback check pass"
if %version% GTR %CURRENT_ANTI_VER% set anticheck="Current device antirollback version is greater than this pakcage"
echo %anticheck% | findstr /r /c:"pass" || @echo "Antirollback check error" && exit /B 1

to avoid unpleasant messages related to anti roll back

I have tested every version of global EEA, each installed via Mislash

Use Miflash 2018.5.28.0

before installation, open the flashall.bat file in the rom folder and delete the line

Code:
::check anti_version
if exist %~dp0images\anti_version.txt (for /f "delims==" %%a in (%~dp0images\anti_version.txt) do (set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=%%a))
if [%CURRENT_ANTI_VER%] EQU [] set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=0
for /f "tokens=2 delims=: " %%i in ('fastboot %* getvar anti 2^>^&1 ^| findstr /r /c:"anti:"') do (set version=%%i)
if [%version%] EQU [] set version=0
set anticheck="antirollback check pass"
if %version% GTR %CURRENT_ANTI_VER% set anticheck="Current device antirollback version is greater than this pakcage"
echo %anticheck% | findstr /r /c:"pass" || @echo "Antirollback check error" && exit /B 1

to avoid unpleasant messages related to anti roll back

But deleting that command line wouldn't it be just in case you are installing a downgrading rom?

I always delete this poem. To avoid trouble when installing a downgrade version. With the CN version, it happens that it has a higher ARB index than Global, hence messages about the impossibility of installing the Global version.

You can not delete the line, but when the message pops up, delete it.

Found this on Twitter

That explains why there is no global rom for MARS and if there is for STARS, right?

There is no need to wonder. Mi11pro is intended for the Chinese market, therefore there is no miui in the Global version.
Mi11 Ultra is intended for the global market, hence it has miui Global.

The hardware phones are similar (except for small differences). Therefore, the software is the same.
Mi11 pro in China uses MIUI CN for Mi11 Ultra V13.0.12.0.SKACNXM. ROM optimized to run in MARS / STAR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poney70 and Guti83
Thank you all for your patience, responses and help.
I managed to install the Global rom of Mi 11 pro Mars

1) Check the ARB and in both roms, the current one and the one you wanted to install in both the version was: 1

2) Unlock bootloader

3) Install with Mi flash without problems

Totally successful job!

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-14 at 12.48.15 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-14 at 12.48.15 PM (1).jpeg

Last edited: