Different Rom Base Whithout Tdb

Hi,

Okay, I understand. So, just install official v6 in sys2 and enable system 2 in active system. The only problem you'll face is that official releases flash stock recovery. So you'll have to install back CWM via fastboot to be able to boot back to your Miui V5 in sys1. That's why I advised you to install sMiui because you won't encounter this problem with this ROM : CWM will stay forever and you'll switch between your 2 systems easily.
Moreover, with official releases of v6, i think (I'm not a 100% sure but it should behave like that) you'll have to reinstall CWM at each update because the stock recovery will always replace CWM at each installation.

Reactions: thaimax
sorry but don't unserstand, you mean official v6 from en.xiaomi.com zip file?
and when flash it via cwm in sys 2 I still have v5 in sys1 and can't switch to the other sys whit recovery stock but if install cwm via fastboot before can do it?

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes you have perfectly understood what I wrote ! Just be sure that TDB is enabled in CWM and that's it !

Hi,

Yes you have perfectly understood what I wrote ! Just be sure that TDB is enabled in CWM and that's it !
but when I tryed last time to flash the zip file over smiui had black screen and phone doesn't boot as I wrote in post 1, why now it should work only because flash fastboot recovery before boot back to v5?
link v6?

Hi,

Maybe because last time you didn't wipe the phone ? I suggest you before flashing official v6 (even if sMiui is based on official v6, it has different features and some conflict may happen when you install one on top of the other without wiping) to wipe cache, dalvik cache (in advanced), data and system (in mounts and storage). Then flash Miui v6 (official) in system 2 and set system 2 as active system. It should normally boot without any black screen.
Link for official Miui official Releases (there is a new version each week) : http://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/miui-weekly-rom-releases.103/

Link for the latest release at the moment when I'm writing this message : http://files.miuiandroid.com/5.2.13/xiaomi.eu_multi_aries_5.2.13_v6-4.4.zip

Flashing CWM won't help you with your black screen I think. I told you to reflash CWM only to manage your dual boot. (for example to boot back to Miui v5)
Hope you'll fix your problem ! ;)

Hi,

Maybe because last time you didn't wipe the phone ? I suggest you before flashing official v6 (even if sMiui is based on official v6, it has different features and some conflict may happen when you install one on top of the other without wiping) to wipe cache, dalvik cache (in advanced), data and system (in mounts and storage). Then flash Miui v6 (official) in system 2 and set system 2 as active system. It should normally boot without any black screen.
Link for official Miui official Releases (there is a new version each week) : http://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/miui-weekly-rom-releases.103/

Link for the latest release at the moment when I'm writing this message : http://files.miuiandroid.com/5.2.13/xiaomi.eu_multi_aries_5.2.13_v6-4.4.zip

Flashing CWM won't help you with your black screen I think. I told you to reflash CWM only to manage your dual boot. (for example to boot back to Miui v5)
Hope you'll fix your problem ! ;)
ok so you talk about official release xiaomi.eu, I tought en.miui.com
about wipe data and system in mounts and storage I've read before do it in the same time can make problem, doesn't it? the v6 I have to put in the root after that doesn't remove?
they say for first installation to flash fastboot rom, but you say by flashing zip phone should boot?
By the way why flash it in sys 2? if i flash in sys 1 it's a problem?
thanks again for your help Mehdoux

Last edited:
sorry but don't unserstand, you mean official v6 from en.xiaomi.com zip file?
and when flash it via cwm in sys 2 I still have v5 in sys1 and can't switch to the other sys whit recovery stock but if install cwm via fastboot before can do it?
that's not true as you see in post 1 I could swhitch between sys whit stock recovery, try it