New Dns Resolution Not Working In Lan

Gual61

Members
Sep 15, 2016
Hallo, I am new to MIUI, but not to Android.
I have since 3 months a Redmi3 with at the moment 8.6.9 Weekly (but release does not matter).
The problem: at home everything ist working perfect but at my company there ist no DNS Resolution when WLAN is up.
The difference between the two networks ist, at home I have a simple WLAN Router box from ISP,
at the company we have an own Win2008R2 DC wich acts as DHCP and DNS.
At home is IPv6 working, at the Company only IPv4.
I am sysadmin in my company, so I investigated this issue.
ifconfig says everything is fine.
With fing I can see the entire network, ping hosts and so on, but nslookup says there is no server.
Next I checked incoming traffic at the DNS with a paket sniffer and found out that no queries are reaching the server from the adress of my Redmi!
I don't know at the moment how to check outgoing traffic on the phone, but I think, the problem could be, that the phone is sending dns queries to the GW adress. Normally are DNS, DHCP and GW the same.

Thank you very much for help and the good work and please believe me, thie is a MIUI issue; all other phones are working.

Best regards
Gual

does your router at company using dnsmasq for dns? seems like there is some misscommunication between device and router

Hi, Tx for your replay.

No, the server ist authoritative for three domains and makes forwarding for the rest of the world.

Problem is, as I wrote, queries are not sent to the server. Checked with Wireshark.