Do I have the right phone? Some problems...

Alexiaomi

Members
Oct 28, 2014
Dear reader, I hope someone can help me:

I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro WCDMA FDD-LTE. The sticker in the phone says TD-LTE. Do i have the right phone?

I also have some problems:

When i make a call the screen turns black (out, and he should), but it stays black and i can not use the screen anymore. For example to choose in a menu when calling. This happens even when i hold the phone back. Does anyone know how i can solve that problem?

Also different apps crash when i am using them. What's wrong with this phone?

I installed multilanguage my self. Maybe something went wrong? Should i reset my phone and install again?

I need some help with this. Anyone?

Thanks,
Alex

I also bought FDD-LTE version in Beijing last month but when I tried to put sim, Tdd-LTE was written there. So we went to xiaomi service center in Beijing. They clarified us that that was FDD-LTE and they showed us a small number written near model number below battery location. This number will be 200 for FDD-LTE and 100 for TDD-LTE. You can check ur phone for this number.

Thanks alastms, but my phone can't open the code with the QR-scanner. File not found. I searched for the app, but did not succeed yet to install it. Still trying. I am not technical at all, so it is not easy for me.

Thanks Mashu, i found "200" on the sticker, so i can assume my phone is FDD-LTE.

That's one issue solved, thanks!

More to go:

1. screen stays black after a call
2. apps are crashing

Someone knows what i should do about that?

I reset (factory settings) my phone yesterday, but that did not help unfortunately.
I installed multilang on my phone and maybe that's the problem. So i want to start all over again, but i don't know what to do. Can someone describe in easy steps how i can flash my phone? Is reboot the same as factory settings?

Hope to hearfrom you soon. Thanks.

You can follow this post
To fix black screen after a call
[Phone Screen Problems]
What do you do when the phone refuses to light up during a phone call?
This is because of the Xiaomi phone system settings, which prevent you from accidentally hanging up a call due to the proximity sensor. To fix this, you can do the following:
Solution:
1 During the call, the face will block proximity sensors (proximity sensor in the phone on the left earpiece, a closer look will see two secretly dot oh), so a black screen is normal. If you move your face away from the screen, the screen will automatically light up, allowing you to record notes and perform hands-free operations.
2 If you are using a sticker or some third-party film, the distance between the film and sensor block can cause this problem.
3 In the hardware detection interface (enter the hardware detection mode: In the dial-up interface, enter * # * # 64663 # * # *) follow the prompts from the sensor test, if the value of 0 or 5 does not fix the problem, you can choose calibration on the page.
4 Backup to restore to factory settings;
If the above options are not possible, we recommend that you go to the nearby authorized service outlets for testing.
To install multilanguage:
1. download
2. copy to internal storage
3. setting > about > system update > menu > input recovery > choose English (volum to up and down, power to select) > install update.zip to system > wait a few minutes and restart phone when done.
*sorry for my bad english :D

Last edited:
Reactions: noi006
Thank you so much! I used no. 3 in your list fort calibration and it helped.

I will install the stable version of MIUI you mentioned.

Again, thank you!

Have a great Xiaomi-experience.

Alex

I have same problem on same phone redmi note 4g.
When I call or receive call screen turn black.
I've tried "xiaomi.eu_multi_dior_15.0.0_v5-4.4.zip" but it still the same.
I try to download "Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G LTE - Stable 21.0.0 Multilang MIUIv5" but celogeek server log me out after few megas of download.

Alex, do you have solve defitively this problem with stable 21 version ?

3 In the hardware detection interface (enter the hardware detection mode: In the dial-up interface, enter * # * # 64663 # * # *) follow the prompts from the sensor test, if the value of 0 or 5 does not fix the problem, you can choose calibration on the page.
4 Backup to restore to factory settings;

Ok, I've got it, the third was this
That work perfectly.