Do update TWRP 3.5 before installing weekly 21.5.12

logicNorthSea

Members
May 14, 2021
I am using K30 5G. Just now I tried to update from WEEKLY 21.4.29 to 21.5.12.
I did not notice that it is required to update TWRP REC to v3.5 or higher, so I still use the old one.
Then I got into trouble: 1. it stops at the first screen, never displays the MIUI logo. 2. data encrypted in TWRP REC, even I updated it to v3.5.

Now, here comes the point. Do not wipe your data now, just update TWRP(v3.5), then connect an OTG U disk containing the ROM.zip, and install it again in TWRP.

After this, I finally entered the system. And I found everything is still there. However, if I enter REC, the data is still encrypted, TWRP even does not ask me the password. So, I think the TWRP v3.5 has some faults.

I have flashed OrangeFox REC to replace TWRP V3.5, and it can decrypt data by asking me the password.

code: fastboot flash recovery OrangeFox_REC.img

OrangeFox REC: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318254

Reactions: Poney70
I have updated to 21.5.12, with the recovery:
twrp-3.5.0_10-4-picasso-Hadenix.img
, indeed, it has not asked for the password.
So far it has updated and without problems except the toolbox.
NOTE: When I wipe cache dalvik, it gave an error of not being able to mount ext4 partition.
In short, I am not very convinced either.

I have updated to 21.5.12, with the recovery:
twrp-3.5.0_10-4-picasso-Hadenix.img
, indeed, it has not asked for the password.
So far it has updated and without problems except the toolbox.
NOTE: When I wipe cache dalvik, it gave an error of not being able to mount ext4 partition.
In short, I am not very convinced either.

Yes, my WEEKLY 21.5.12 is also flashed using twrp-3.5.0_10-4-picasso-Hadenix.img.
But I failed at first because what I used is twrp-3.4.

In short, to update to 21.5.12, twrp-3.4: fail; twrp-3.5: success.
But twrp-3.5 can not decrypt, so I suggest using OrangeFox REC to replace TWRP V3.5.

I Hope TWRP can fix this in a short time.

I had the same problem. After updated to twrp 3.5, TWRP did not ask for password and cannot decrypt data.
I revert back to TWRP which is the one I used before and no problems.
I suspect data decryption is one of the problems involved in twrp 3.5
My device is K30 5G and now running 21.5.12

I had the same problem. After updated to twrp 3.5, TWRP did not ask for password and cannot decrypt data.
I revert back to TWRP which is the one I used before and no problems.
I suspect data decryption is one of the problems involved in twrp 3.5
My device is K30 5G and now running 21.5.12

Hmm, so it can be confirmed that twrp 3.5 has problem decrypting data.

I am curious how you updated to WEEKLY 21.5.12.
Did you also use the OTG U disk to store the ROM file? Or you put it somewhere else? Or you wiped data before the update?
As TWRP 3.5 can not decrypt data, I think if ROM is in the data partition, TWRP can not read it.

Hmm, so it can be confirmed that twrp 3.5 has problem decrypting data.

I am curious how you updated to WEEKLY 21.5.12.
Did you also use the OTG U disk to store the ROM file? Or you put it somewhere else? Or you wiped data before the update?
As TWRP 3.5 can not decrypt data, I think if ROM is in the data partition, TWRP can not read it.
I had the problem before I attempt to update to 21.5.12. I tried to just update to TWRP 3.5 but after this update I ran into bootloop when trying to reboot. I ended up had to wipe data and reflashed the last weekly rom using TWRP 3/4

I had the problem before I attempt to update to 21.5.12. I tried to just update to TWRP 3.5 but after this update I ran into bootloop when trying to reboot. I ended up had to wipe data and reflashed the last weekly rom using TWRP 3/4
So, TWRP 3/4 can also work to update to 5.12 in case you wipe data.
This may be helpful to other people.

i updated TWRP to 3.5 with fastboot
Boot recovery fastboot
Then wipe dalvik and cache
Then put te Rom into phone memory
Flash the Rom
Power off
Power on, and it is ok
DIRTY FLASH

hy i update from 21.3.31 to 21.5.12 EU Weekly...
i remove in all roms was i flash the recovery file from zip file.

so i still on recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-REDMI_K30PRO-CN-wzsx150 without a problem after update and wipe dalvik and cache.
when the phone hangs on MIUI logo to long, by first start...

1 option... its start from alone a second round
or
2 i restart it by myself
and both works since beginning i have my poco F2 pro (and all other Xiaomi phones)

wow, so many people succeed to update to 5.12 with TWRP 3.4.
Now I really cannot understand why I failed the first time.
I just did it as usual, but it got stuck when flashing, writing some error blabla....
And when restarted, it stopped at the first screen.
Anyway, wish everyone good luck.

I never succeeded. Even though I can update twrp recovery to 3.5, I got bootloop trying to boot to system. Also, I cannot decrypt data and no password was asked by twrp. I ended switching back to 3.4.

I never succeeded. Even though I can update twrp recovery to 3.5, I got bootloop trying to boot to system. Also, I cannot decrypt data and no password was asked by twrp. I ended switching back to 3.4.
looks like a data wipe/format is needed?
Or maybe try OrangeFox REC to flash again?

No. Rather keep to 3.4 since it runs smoothly. Don't want to create unexpected trouble.
Using an outdated TWRP...now that is asking for "unexpected trouble".

For example you can't successful backup and restore data partition of A11 in 3.4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poney70
Using an outdated TWRP...now that is asking for "unexpected trouble".

For example you can't successful backup and restore data partition of A11 in 3.4.
Ok you win. Just updated to twrp 3.5.2.10. Everything is fine. Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: geoorg
I tried to boot into Hadenix Version but the screen turns to black - ok, I see my mistake now LMI <> PICASSO.

Last edited: