Do you want RAW photo in MI3W?

Solf

Members
Nov 30, 2013
Hi,

I receive lots of requests from individuals to port MI2raw app to MI3W since it doesn't have out of the box solution for capturing raw (only the TD version has it).
I can try to port it, but I need a MI3W to develop on.

I've tried to contact Xiaomi with no luck. I've asked them to send me a MI3W sample but, so far, there is no reply from them.

So, if you want raw photo capabilities on your MI3W device:
Try to unite as much MI3W owners as you can and contact Xiaomi on your behalf - demand from Xiaomi to send me a MI3W sample.
OR, if you have contacts in Xiaomi - talk to them and explain them the issue.
Because I've already given up...

Remember that all my work here is voluntarily and I do it for you.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Current donation balance: 113$

Last edited:
I've just write to Xiaomi, hope you can get a Mi3 for developing such a wonderful app!
Xiaomi should have already done what you have bring to us on Mi2... I can't understand why they are lacking SO MUCH in developing for their phones.

PS: Another solution would be to start a "donation campaign" for you to buy a Mi3

Reactions: Solf
I've just write to Xiaomi, hope you can get a Mi3 for developing such a wonderful app!
Xiaomi should have already done what you have bring to us on Mi2... I can't understand why they are lacking SO MUCH in developing for their phones.

PS: Another solution would be to start a "donation campaign" for you to buy a Mi3

Thanks, let me know if there is something going :)

Demand is a little bit harsh... You can ask them.
I'll be more than happy to donate for your Mi3w, and if you're living nearby, I'm ready to give you mine, for the Kickstart, I'm from Petah Tiqwa ;-)

Sent from my MI 3W

Demand is a little bit harsh... You can ask them.
I'll be more than happy to donate for your Mi3w, and if you're living nearby, I'm ready to give you mine, for the Kickstart, I'm from Petah Tiqwa ;-)

Sent from my MI 3W

The “demand” comes from a place of frustration - after several attempts to contact them. It is habitual that a manufacturer sends samples to developers (it should be its interest)…

Your kickstart is very appreciated. Apparently we are neighbors :)
Check your PM.

Just make paypal account and set it for donations. I will also donate you for this cause.

And for all: contacting Xiaomi is pointless. You will never have answer.

Wysłane z MI3

Just make paypal account and set it for donations. I will also donate you for this cause.

And for all: contacting Xiaomi is pointless. You will never have answer.

Wysłane z MI3

Here it is:

Last edited:
Reactions: deini
I have asked people in a spansh forum to donate. Hope you can get enough money soon!
I think that camera hardware in Mi3 is very poorly exploited...

Thanks for the generous donations! I hope to finish this donation campaign ASAP

Thanks! I've added the current donation balance at the bottom of the first message in the thread.

Please someone explayn why raw is so important, what will i get with raw , what ar the benifitions hawing raw mode on camera thanks.

If your camera can take pictures in RAW kind of format (DNG, PEF, NEF etc.), then you bypass all the post-processing the camera do and you can do it in the computer with much better influence on the result.
RAW files can be modified in much better way, for example you can lighten or darken them without such a loss of quality in case you edit JPEG files.

The worse camera is in this post-processing, the more impressive results you can get when you edit RAWs.