Downgrade to V4

ytulpan

Members
Jan 29, 2013
Hi all,

I have multiple issues in the few months with V5, and I an trying to downgrade to V4, preferrably 3.2.22 to check.

I understand that the 5-to-4 downgrade is problematic and I follow the instructions from here:
http://en.miui.com/thread-3319-1-1.html

However, I can flash JLB3, JLB7, any v5 rom, etc. correctly, but when I try to flash any 3.1.x or 3.2.x ROM, the phone gets stuck in the boot process (white MI forever)

I am using MIFlash through fastboot to flash.

My phone is Mi2 32Gb

Thanks

Thanks leggy.

But can you please post the link to the wiui version - It's all in chinese (which unfortunately I can't read) and seems that nothing happens when I press what seems to be the link.

Is the 3.2.22 you linked in anyway different from the usual 3.2.22 ? different kernel ?

Thank you,

I will try in a few days.

I'm now trying QDT14. It's so and so. Had some crashes. We'll see.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

I've run into the same problem. Was using a MIUI V4 rom, decided to finally try a V5 rom, didn't like it and wanted to revert back. I followed Wajk's instructions and made sure to flash JLB 3.0 first before flashing a V4 rom, but now I'm stuck on the white Mi logo with no way to boot or get into recovery mode.

Will have to wait until I get home to see if I can fix this via MiFlash.

Miflash can get you out of this, but not into v4 rom.

Miflash can get you out of this, but not into v4 rom.

Nice, I figured that would be the case. Thanks for the heads up.

I guess I'll just have to deal with V5 for now. It seems all the "new" features and add-ons in V5 are all fluff. I found V4 to be more polished.

True. V5 is unreliable and would be considered somewhere between alpha and beta by normal standards.

Unfortunately, the closed source policy of Xiaomi makes sure that the problems will continue for a long time. In addition there are many baseband issues courtesy of Qualcomm.

I should try the methods above to reload a v4 version, but nowadays I am testing the QDT14 plain android version.

If I decide to give downgrading another shot (and am successful), I will let you know.

very easy ,use the boot.img in the v5 to replace that one in the v4. this is very important .
and then use the recovery to downgrade v5 to v4.

very easy ,use the boot.img in the v5 to replace that one in the v4. this is very important .
and then use the recovery to downgrade v5 to v4.

Thanks leqqy, will look that up when I get home. V5 is just murdering my battery right now, LOL

Swyped from my Mi 2

by change the boot.img,you can downgrade to any v4.
about the wiui v4 3.2.22,i tried and managed to do it,but it can only use for english language ,not for chinese.

I can make u guys a flashable zip if u want. I already did a fully working v4 before I decided to switch to AOSP.

Reactions: type-R
man,can you fix wiui 3.2.22.if you change the language into chinese ,there is fc like anroid.phone .progress not work.love wiui verymuch

Download: http://d-h.st/mg0

Info:
Base: miuiandroid_aries_jb-3.2.22
Kernel: 3.6.28(but ramdisk from 3.2.22)
Kernel-Modules: 3.6.28
Bootloader,modem: 3.6.38
recovery: recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.2-aries-20130524