Downgrading From Miui Eu 8.1 Dev To Miui 7.1 Stable?

popsy

Members
Sep 8, 2016
Hi all, i try to downgrading from latest Libra (Mi4C) Dev 6.9.8 to Stable 7.1.6.0. But everytime i try to flash, TWRP keep saying "failed to etract dir system to /system". I already use 3 different TWRP (Custom Eu, Cofface, and TS,) and all of it failed. Is there anything that i missed? or maybe i completely wrong about this downgrading method. Thanks for responding ;)

Already try TS 3.0.2.0 but it had the same problem..

This error sometimes happen with incompatible Data partition or resized system partition for Android 6 Roms.

Miui 8 is on android 6 (on some phones is on 5). Miui 7 Stable is on 4.4/5. For Android 6 two partition is combined (That's why you get error downgrading to miui 7). You need to back to stock partition and then flash miui 7. Best and quick way to restore stock partition to flash stock partition patch via TWRP (or flash miui 7 Stable via fastboot). P.S. Or format System and Data (not Internal storage) reboot phone to TWRP again and flash custom Miui7 Rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: popsy
try this:
- backup all data,
- Put new ROM on microsd card
- flash in TWRP, wipe anything, except for sd-card

Reactions: popsy
This error sometimes happen with incompatible Data partition or resized system partition for Android 6 Roms.

Miui 8 is on android 6 (on some phones is on 5). Miui 7 Stable is on 4.4/5. For Android 6 two partition is combined (That's why you get error downgrading to miui 7). You need to back to stock partition and then flash miui 7. Best and quick way to restore stock partition to flash stock partition patch via TWRP (or flash miui 7 Stable via fastboot). P.S. Or format System and Data (not Internal storage) reboot phone to TWRP again and flash custom Miui7 Rom.

By the way, MIUI 8 and MIUI 7.1 on Mi4C has the same version of android which is 5.1.1.

try this:
- backup all data,
- Put new ROM on microsd card
- flash in TWRP, wipe anything, except for sd-card

Already try this, and it's not working even i firstly flash official stable with miflash. I still dunno why it happened :(