[DOWNLOAD]: TWRP for Mi8 (Dipper)

When I go to reinstall I will try again, but I had a bootloop with the both versions.
Is the backup ok with this recovery? I can't make backups with wzsx version, I get error 255
That's a definite no.

The backup process might work but once you try to restore and boot a nandroid backup it won't work. You'll be able to boot but that's pretty much it.
Launcher doesn't load. Only notification bar and recent apps works.

The only fully functioning twrp version for recent miui / xiaomi.eu releases that I could find was 3.2.3-1208 by wsx150.

Any 3.2.3.1 twrp release has the above mentioned nandroid backup issues(tried pitchblack and firedance edition)

Reactions: Eclipse1991
hi! I tried flashing wzsx150 0214 version and mounting /system while phone is booted to miui.eu 2.15 doesn't work anymore. Im just asking if anyone else has this problem. tis bug was present in older twrp versions, but on 12.08 twrp everything works as it should. also in the past, mounting /system in recovery and then booting to os made /system mountable, but in last version this doesn't work anymore. I also tried official twrp and it has the same problem.

Hey guys,

I am trying to flash TWRP to a freshly unlocked Mi8. But unfortunately 'fastboot boot TWRP.img' doesn't work. It ends up in a black screen.

1. Enter Fastboot Mode
2. fastboot flash recovery TWRP.zip
3. fastboot boot TWRP.zip

Can someone please help me?

//edit
Meanwhile I got it... I tried various TWRP versions. But after flashing weekly 9.1.24 the phone is keep loading android. It shows the mi logo and the android loading animation...

//edit
Ok, it had something to do with the encryption. I removed the encryption stuff and it worked.

Last edited:
so this can decrypt the partition and dm-verify can be disabled with this twrp, right?

Try the latest version TWRP-3.2.3-0214-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150
thanks for your trying but i need a clear answer that this exact TWRP fork can do the job. i have no time for tries. i just want to help a friend and mod his phone. i will not start the modding if this cannot decrypt the partition and cannot disable dm-verify.

Latest version TWRP-3.2.3-0401 is released in official site

yeah baidu only works with an account ! my old account does not work anymore,
and new-registrations from outside china are not possible anymore. (at this moment, overseas registration is illegal now)

updated first post

@Dexer125
I think we both contected wzsx150 at weibo, we got booth the same links,
but I already repacked it, that you can flash it with twrp

Last edited:
Reactions: Dexer125