Flash TWRP on Mi 8 from Windows 10

darksniper87

Members
Sep 8, 2018
Did anyone had any luck flashing the TWRP using Windows 10?

I have an unlocked Xiaomi Mi 8 CN phone.
I have installed the ADB drivers from Xiaomi and when I execute `fastboot devices` it shows my connected device.

But when I execute `fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.2.3-0908-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150.img` but it fails with error
`FAILED (Write to device failed (Invalid argument))`
and the phone just goes black with a text press any key to shutdown.

I've been struggling all day trying various things (older TWRP versions, using USB 2.0 ports, using different fastboot) but no luck until.
My last attempt is to try using Windows 7 (need to download the iso) but I'd like to ask the forum if there is anything else I can try.

TIA

Same situation here. I remember Win10 being a pain in the ass also when modding my previous phones.

I have had no problems using a standard nofrills Win10 64 on my Cube iWork 11 stylus - oddly enough.

The only thing that happens occasionally is that if I leave the CMD window open for a while, it stops being able to connect to the phone, with no error messages - just blank result for any command. Reboot solves the problem.

Addendum:

You can always try renaming the file to something short with no odd characters, like "TWRP.img".

Thes same for the directory where you keep it.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "darksniper87, โพสต์: 444476, สมาชิก: 207000"] มีผู้โชคดีกะพ้อ TWRP โดยใช้ Windows 10 หรือไม่?

ฉันมีโทรศัพท์ Xiaomi Mi 8 ที่ปลดล็อคอยู่
ฉันได้ติดตั้งไดรฟ์เวอร์ ADB จาก Xiaomi และเมื่อฉันเรียกใช้อุปกรณ์ fastboot 'มันให้ฉันอุปกรณ์ที่เชื่อมต่อฉัน

แต่เมื่อฉันเรียกใช้ "fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.2.3-0908-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150.img" แต่ไม่ได้เกิดความผิดพลาด
`ข้อขัดข้อง '`
และโทรศัพท์เพียงปุ่มเดียวที่จะปิด

ฉันพยายามดิ้นรนทุกวันเพื่อลองทำสิ่งต่างๆ (รุ่นเก่าของ TWRP โดยใช้พอร์ต USB 2.0 โดยใช้ fastboot ที่แตกต่างกัน) แต่ไม่มีความโชคดีเลย
ความพยายามของฉันคือการใช้ Windows 7 (ต้องดาวน์โหลด iso) แต่ฉันต้องการถามว่ามีอะไรอื่นที่ฉันสามารถทำได้หรือไม่

TIA [/ quote]
ฉันสามารถใช้มันเพราะฉันเปลี่ยน pc.

I have had no problems using a standard nofrills Win10 64 on my Cube iWork 11 stylus - oddly enough.

The only thing that happens occasionally is that if I leave the CMD window open for a while, it stops being able to connect to the phone, with no error messages - just blank result for any command. Reboot solves the problem.

Addendum:

You can always try renaming the file to something short with no odd characters, like "TWRP.img".

Thes same for the directory where you keep it.

I've also tried renaming the file, still nothing.
I tried a Win7 virtual box machine, now I get this error:
Code:
sending 'recovery' (57052 KB)...
FAILED (command write failed (Invalid argument))
finished. total time: 0.000s

I've also tried renaming the file, still nothing.
I tried a Win7 virtual box machine, now I get this error:
Code:
sending 'recovery' (57052 KB)...
FAILED (command write failed (Invalid argument))
finished. total time: 0.000s

The last reasonably good Windoze was XP, which they stole from Digital Equipment.

Xiaomi should find some better way to flash roms - perhaps from one Android phone to another via WiFi?

maybe someone help me, I tried flash miui eu 8.9.20 but I had a bootloop, I had the latest twrp 3.2.3, I changed the twrp to other 3.2.3 but always blootloop, the problem is that when I came back to the previous twrp it appeared to me such a strange files, memory is on the same level, so nothing has been removed but the files look like this. does anyone know how to solvel it?
Bez tytułu.png