Drivedroid on MIUI10

mateHD

Members
Nov 23, 2016
Hi guys,
I would like to use Drivedroid app on my Mi 8 Pro. I installed the app, but unfortunately it does not work. I can't see my phone as boot option.
Anyone tried it?

Mi 8 Pro
Lastest xiaomi.eu rom
Magisk, Xposed

Thanks!

From Drivedroid description:
Notes
• This application uses features of the kernel that may or may not be available/stable on your phone. Tests have shown most phones work without problems, but please keep in mind yours might not (yet) work out-of-the-box.
• Most kernels support emulating USB drives, some support emulating CD-rom drives and kernels with the right patches support both.
• Most Linux-related ISOs can be booted from USB drives, but some ISOs can only be booted from CD-rom drives or require some kind of conversion.
Check your kernel for required features. If missing you can try a custom kernel but you are on your own.

Anyone tried it?
Drivedroid works out of the box with my Xiaomi phone and Linux notebook (screenshot). Nice app.

Did you try to boot an UEFI BIOS? That's not easy. UEFI is very picky. The boot image must contain signed bootloader and your BIOS settings must allow booting your image.
Read the docs first - at least twice. Write down BIOS settings before you mess up your system.

Attachments

• drivedroid.png
    drivedroid.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 497