Dual Sim And Sd At Same Time

qbert

Members
May 31, 2012
I've managed to get dual sims and sd working at same time
Will post details when I get back to pc, this is based on a hack I saw on HUKD/xda for the honor 7.
uploadfromtaptalk1455131287250.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

I will post pic of my sd /sim later, not easy now as not able with my job to use phone for very long at a time!
As I said, it's based entirely on the xda thread mentioned above, I take no credit other than being prepared to try in a different phone.

Seems I'm not the only one - the miui forum also has someone who's done it.
I practised with an old sim and old sd but they wouldn't fit.

After asking "kunhandi" on HUKD (he'd done it for the honor 7) he recommend the sd to buy:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0166RR86O
is what i used - 64gb version - it's very thin

To separate the metal of the sim from the plastic - i just held it very close to a hair dryer with tweezers so i dont get burnt,and the glue softens - the plastic just goes soft and can be peeled off - careful not to force to much - dont damage the sim!

Next i made a mistake - i sandpapered the sd to make it thinner - but it ruined the card - DON'T DO THIS! no need.
Next attempt - i gently sanded the sim - just to remove excess glue.

Now with a spot of super glue, carefully glue the metal of the sim to the sd, in the right spot - i held it tight for a few minutes to make it as flush as possible.

next i found the combo would fit in the phone fine but the phone didn't read the sd.. i cut a small piece of sticky tape (approx 1mm x 3mm) and stuck it on bottom of sd under where the contacts are as i think they were being pushed down too far by the sim - pushed this all in and it works!

Its snug but i can remove it easily.

It's a tight fit I admit but no problem getting it in or out.
First attempt was too tight I didn't want to force too hard...
Superglue the bare metal from sim, no need to cut the metal

Reactions: ariel gordon
Good morning to All,
I had just prepare the dual sim in SD but not work...in any case to insert the metalplate is very hard and is not thin

Did you ensure sim was nice and thin, sand the glue off gently?
Also sd card have variable thickness

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk