Dual Sim Problem

braguzz

Members
Dec 17, 2013
I buy one resdmi 1s to one of my colleague (sigh) because I have a redmi first version with which I am comfortable.
I installed miui 36 versions in Ita and the multilingual one, but in both version have the same problem with the dual sim.

My colleague uses two sim: one for browsing and one for phone.
If I insert the two sim, however, the navigation is be very bad even with perfect reception. In practice it seems that works but then after a few seconds it stops, then works again, etc. ..
If I disable or remove the sim to 'call' the navigation works perfectly.

I tried to insert 'only 3g' in the settings without any benefits.

What to do?

In my 'old' hongmi 1, I had this problem too in some old rom, and I had some improvement following this tip: http://en.miui.com/thread-11870-1-1.html
with MobileUncle MTK tools, I deselected frequencies not used in my country.

How can I do the same for redmi 1s?

thanks in advance,

One other italian user has the same problem.
In his opinion problem occurs when it switch from h to h+. How to solve this? Other users hasn't this behavior. What we can do?

Bug correction: We can hope that more users report this, so that Xiaomi and/or MIUI developers priorities this issue and finally solves it.

Internet service providers: We can also try with other Internet service providers. I have tested with Swedish providers:
  • Hallon and its network originates from the provider Tele 3.
  • Tele 2 and they have it's own mobile network.
  • Universal: I have also ordered a new SIM from a provider called Universal and its network originates from provider Telia.
Phone: I have also ordered a Redmi Note and it also have dual SIMs. Hopefully it works better on that phone.

I have some improvements with app like data connector fix, but it cant be a 'final' solution...

Ps. I have those problems with redmi first version too with TIM (telecom italia mobile) provider

Bug correction: We can hope that more users report this, so that Xiaomi and/or MIUI developers priorities this issue and finally solves it.

Internet service providers: We can also try with other Internet service providers. I have tested with Swedish providers:
  • Hallon and its network originates from the provider Tele 3.
  • Tele 2 and they have it's own mobile network.
  • Universal: I have also ordered a new SIM from a provider called Universal and its network originates from provider Telia.
Phone: I have also ordered a Redmi Note and it also have dual SIMs. Hopefully it works better on that phone.

I had a Note and it worked without problems. The same sims on 1s has more or less the same problems you had.