Encryption dont work & PlayStore No Update Auto

Speedngs

Members
Jul 31, 2016
Hi guys, hi have last weekly version for Mi8, i made clean install, the encryption dont work, say must connect charger, i connect and press button and nothing append, other important stuff is in play store i have the option to update apps in wifi or data usage automatically but dont work and i must update manually. I use orange fox recovery

Last edited:
Do you have latest TWRP release?
It should encrypt without tripping in settings.
Clean install? what's about.

I try with latest twrp but now i use Orange Fox, what do you mean should encrypt whitout tripping un settings? And yes clean install

Any progress in this case?
I also have Mi 8 with Weekly 9.12.19 . Used TWRP a few months ago. All versions were updated by eu rom automatically.

Now I needed encryption because of company email and found same issue.

If I try to go to "Settings -> Passwords & security -> Privacy -> Encryption & credentials -> Encrypt phone" , I click to encrypt, it asks my password, but it does nothing. It goes back to the encrypt phone option. So it doesn´t encrypt it at all.

If I go to "Additional Settings -> Developer Settings ->" the option for "Encrypt device using Lock Screen password" is not available. It is grayed out as not available to enable.

Any way to enable or force encryption?

I know that while with stock ROM it was encrypted because when I first used TWRP to apply weekly rom, it was encrypted. After applying weekly rom for the first time, I did a complete swipe including and encryption. So no longer I used and noticed if this was a limitation or problem in other previous weekly versions.