New English (UK) date format

Iain_B

Members
Mar 25, 2013
The format for English (UK) should be dd/mm/yyyy, or a variation formatted in that order.
Can this please be corrected? Certainly, at the beginning of the months, the current incorrect format gets very confusing.
The current incorrect mm/dd/yyyy (or variation) should be only used for the English (US).

Try reporting it on github as a translation error, they might resolve it. I reported it on my language's github and it was fixed.

I've already posted it in the weekly forum. But there was no real response. In my searches I also note that some other european languages also have the same incorrect format.
Thanks for your responses.

The English translation is managed directly by Xiaomi. Sadly, we don't have so much influence on their decisions, some of the formats are hardcoded, so aren't so easy to change.

Reactions: Iain_B
Unfortunately there appears to be too much of an American influence.
According to here (Wikipedia - Date format by country) most of the world is DMY. It seems that China uses the YMD which is frequently used in programming (yyyymmdd) - especially useful for sorting.
Some countries use both, which for day and month numbers must be very confusing! unless of course they use the short month format (MMM).
It is just very confusing when the months are numbers. I see that this has been reported here for other countries (notably Italy and France).