Enhance Keyboard for Gboard

ncvinh

Members
Jul 21, 2023
The current Gboard has no padding, making it stick to the bottom of the screen, which is very uncomfortable.
Can you add the Enhance Keyboard for Gboard or anything like that for padding (like in Global MIUI)?
Thanks <3

"Enhance Keyboard" is only useful for a few Chinese keyboard.
Global ROM uses a different variant of System UI.
So that would be a no.

I was wondering this too, other ROMs put a padding at the bottom when the gestures pill is enabled (also containing the hide keyboard button), MIUI/xiaomi.eu doesn't seem to have this option

Correction: I just noticed it is actually there, it's just...
IMG_20230722_200800.jpg

Pretty sure this happens because I have the screen size set to S, tho this issue doesn't exist in AOSP

Try this Magisk module and it'll perfectly match your need to add a padding only, just like Global MIUI's navbar
Visit their Telegram channel to get a KernelSU compatible version

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-17-11-39-32-773_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-17-11-39-32-773_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 288
The issue is that the bottom of the keyboard remains very low on the screen
Have you even tried? or simply reply for the sake of replying? You can adjust the keyboard to almost 1cm from the bottom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-27-18-51-30-546_com.brave.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-27-18-51-30-546_com.brave.browser.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 180
Scratch that - I didn't know they reworked the resizing (since I don't exactly look out for new features for the keyboard of all things). I found it now. But that doesn't justify the pretentious attitude :emoji_upside_down:

Last edited:
Don't have much control over navigation bar behavior.

It would be possible to just add "ro.miui.support_miui_ime_bottom=1"
this will add the keyboard padding + a scrollbar to go through text + icon for clipboard history and frequent phrases + icon for fast keyboard switch

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-28-11-39-18-969_org.mozilla.fenix.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-28-11-39-18-969_org.mozilla.fenix.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 150
It would be possible to just add "ro.miui.support_miui_ime_bottom=1"
this will add the keyboard padding + a scrollbar to go through text + icon for clipboard history and frequent phrases + icon for fast keyboard switch
It's not enough to make it show.

I looked it up and you are right , the cemuiler module unlocked it. Would not work with out this hook.

Well, not sure if it can/will be added to xiaomi.eu , but here is the code:
I already answered that question, we have no use for it. It's designed for some specific Chinese keyboards.

I already answered that question, we have no use for it. It's designed for some specific Chinese keyboards.
oh well there is a use case. I'm using it atm with gboard and like to have a clipboard history as well as a scrollbar (I do not change keayboards but others maybe). So it's not only for Chinese keyboards ?

Attachments

• ezgif-4-a70cdc8831.gif
    ezgif-4-a70cdc8831.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 130