Er, just upgraded from redmi 5 + to redmi note 9 pro (but features are missing?)

seedaripper

Members
Jan 13, 2021
Hi guys new here (but used to be very active on the official MI forums) as stated in the title i have some features missing that i used to love, one being the notification when a message has been received (i like to know if somebody has actually got the message, it did it before?) I should point out i'm on android 10 and MIUI 12.
The other problem that used to be baked into MIUI is the option to record calls on the calling screen, but the tab has gone? is this something to do with Google being all arsey and stopping voice recording? I thought Xiaomi didn't care about them doing that and did their own thing with MIUI...Is this the case?
Any help on these 2 issues would be greatly appreciated (and yes i've tried every setting known to man...well myself anyway) TIA.
See.

Hi guys new here (but used to be very active on the official MI forums) as stated in the title i have some features missing that i used to love, one being the notification when a message has been received (i like to know if somebody has actually got the message, it did it before?) I should point out i'm on android 10 and MIUI 12.
The other problem that used to be baked into MIUI is the option to record calls on the calling screen, but the tab has gone? is this something to do with Google being all arsey and stopping voice recording? I thought Xiaomi didn't care about them doing that and did their own thing with MIUI...Is this the case?
Any help on these 2 issues would be greatly appreciated (and yes i've tried every setting known to man...well myself anyway) TIA.
See.
Call recording is not available Because your redmi note 9 pro uses a global rom.
Xiaomi still do their own thing, but just not on devices with global roms (like redmi note 9 pro)

Xiaomi.eu roms have both of the features you mentioned.

Check here under the heading "Our ROMs features (Whats not in Global): " for more features of the rom

Reactions: seedaripper