Error "current Account Is Different From The Account Info On The Device"

stefanopianelli

Members
Jul 11, 2016
Hi all,
I0m experiencing this error while trying to unlock my MI5. I search all over the forum but i didn't find a solution.
  • My ROM is the last Global Stable 7.5.2.
  • I obtained the unclock permission
  • I logged online to complete all security infos
  • I logged in the same way (phone number) both in phone and Unlock tool
  • ADB drivers installed correctly (already unclocked another MI5)
I don't know whatelse I've to do to solve this problem, It's really frustrating.

Help me please.

Regards,
S

Hi
Today I have same problem. I'm download Global Dev Rom 6.5.30 (MIUI7) and installed by Updater.
Then I'm unlock again and it pass.

GoGaow

Reactions: LVL91
Hi
Today I have same problem. I'm download Global Dev Rom 6.5.30 (MIUI7) and installed by Updater.
Then I'm unlock again and it pass.

GoGaow

But Can I switch to Global Dev Rom from Global Stable 7.5.2.0 MAAMIDE???

I think no. Am I right?

Download Global Dev Rom 6.5.30 (MIUI7) in your mobile and installed by Updater. When finished you can unlock mobile.

Had this same problem, just on phone use "other ways to sign in" an then use your Mi Account ID.
Mi account ID is in top right corner of Mi Unlock Software.
screenshot.19.jpg

Had this same problem, just on phone use "other ways to sign in" an then use your Mi Account ID.
Mi account ID is in top right corner of Mi Unlock Software.
View attachment 12995
Just tried, nothing!!! Which ROM did you have, I've the Global Stable 7.5.2.0, I'm trying to switch to China Developer but It doesn't work via updater and I don't know how to do it.

Do you have suggestions?

i said that you must be download xiaomi mi 5 global developer rom not xiaomi mi 5 china developer rom because your current rom is global rom not chaina rom.
you download full rom 1.3 G in computer and put it in your mobile.
then you update by updater in menu update system.
you can see three points at the top right of mobile and select it.
choose file in mobile.
wait wait to finish.

(when i bought this mobile the shop put the fake rom i'm could not update rom)

This is to First Step.
Then you can use Mi Flash to Unlock mobile. (If you request unlock to xiaomi)

GoGaow

i said that you must be download xiaomi mi 5 global developer rom not xiaomi mi 5 china developer rom because your current rom is global rom not chaina rom.
you download full rom 1.3 G in computer and put it in your mobile.
then you update by updater in menu update system.
you can see three points at the top right of mobile and select it.
choose file in mobile.
wait wait to finish.

(when i bought this mobile the shop put the fake rom i'm could not update rom)

This is to First Step.
Then you can use Mi Flash to Unlock mobile. (If you request unlock to xiaomi)

GoGaow
I've already tried, It's impossibile to switch to a China Stable/Dev and to the Global Dev because my current version (Global Stable 7.5.2.0) has blocked EDL. The only way is to use the new MiPcSuite English version released today in Recovery Mode. I'll try this evening to install China Stable ROM with the new tool.

hello anyone could help me? I have a Mi4c MIUI 8.9.9.1 Beta, ans when i try to unlock the xiamo appears a message Couldn´t verify device - current account is different from account info on the device but is the same. I have already login into i.mi.com and find device and seems all ok but when i try to unlock always the same message. Anyone to help? @GoGaow

I have used also fastboot but not success...
if i install aa stable china version Version: V7.5.3.0.LXKCNDE it will help??

Attachments

• fastboot.JPG
    fastboot.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 600
Last edited:
I made an account just to let people know that flashing the latest developer global rom for my Mi5 fixed the problem "current Account Is Different From The Account Info On The Device" while trying to unlock the bootloader.
You can download it from the english official miui website.(sorry can't post links yet)
You can flash your phone with the developer global rom if you are on a global stable rom right now using the updater app on the Mi5.(which is probably the case if you imported the phone from one of the chinese online stores)

I also checked my location via i . mi . com (without the spaces) which is a trick that fixes other problems with unlocking the bootloader. I recommend doing this also if you can't unlock your bootloader with the developer global rom.

I hope this helps others, because I had to search a lot to finally find the solution that GoGaow suggested in post #2.

Reactions: ZenekKusmider
I just checked and confirm. I needed to downgrade from 8.0.5.0 stable ROM to the recent developer global one to be able to pass the "different accout info". I did exactly as LVL91 had written.