EU rom flash fails-after bootloop on custom rom+ search for a fastboot one

neonaloj

Members
Jul 12, 2024
Hi,

Son's X3 pro with custom rom (& root) was in bootloop some days ago. I could put it in recovery mode (twrp) and fastboot. BUT...
First I couldn't see any used storage even with the right password. A "format data" solved this. Then I tried to flash back the exact same file of the rom it was on => bootloop.
I tried to flash EU rom, different versions (from v13.0.1 to v14.0.3) with the installed twrp (3.6.0_11) => bootloop. I decided to update the recovery to 3.7.0__12 and give another try => bootloop.
To note : 1) I did a 'format data' + reboot recovery at each try ; 2) at some point I had to update the adb & fastboot drivers on pc (Win10/11), and the fastboot image on the phone changed from the old "chinese guy" to the new "orange" one... 3) I used OTG usb key

Finally I even tried to flash in fastboot mode using the "first_install_script", ofc it didn't work as EU roms for X3 pro are recovery roms..
So I'm very lost now, I'd really appreciate help ! ;) And I don't find a 'fastboot method' EU rom, does it exist ?

I'd be gratefull for any input, thank you !

This ROM can be installed using recovery method or fastboot method.
xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3Pro_V14.0.3.0.TJUMIXM_v14-13.zip

If the problem persists, try installing the stock ROM using Miflash (do not lock the bootloader) and then install the xiaomi.eu ROM.

Reactions: neonaloj
This ROM can be installed using recovery method or fastboot method.
xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3Pro_V14.0.3.0.TJUMIXM_v14-13.zip

If the problem persists, try installing the stock ROM using Miflash (do not lock the bootloader) and then install the xiaomi.eu ROM.

Thanks very much ! I just tried a fastboot install of this one (I think it was the one I already tried), the script goes well (but not with 'fastboot flash ...' cmd prompt but 'sending - writing' instead), until the end no problem, phone reboot... => bootloop ...

I'm not a great fan of the tools, but I've tried to install MiFlash (different versions, on a Win10 pc) without success... I don't know why ? (extract files, try to open with admin privileges, nothing happens). I also installed the XiaMiTool v2, this one opens but I can see the "serial number" of the phone, the "status" (recovery or fastboot), but no other info (codename, brand, model)... Can you please help with these please ?
EDIT : in fact, I just tried again (I've forgotten all what I tried..) and with latest version I find (2022.5.7.0)) it tries to open, says it must install drivers, but then happens an "Exception" error : "not able to find a part of the access way to a file".. and when I clic on the details it says something about JIT debug - I'm not sure if it's related...? And the file it's looking for is : C:\users\(me)\Desktop\Poco X3Pro\MiFlash20220507\MiFlash20220507\log\miflash@2024712.txt .
And if I "force" it to follow, it stays on the driver window without doing anything (with "wait" greyed out)... Don't know what to do ?

Thanks again !

Last edited:
I'm back.. I can't install MiFlash tool, I've tried on Win11 too... Same error "impossible to find a part of the access way to C:\..........\MiFlash20220507\MiFlash20220507\log\miflash@2024712.txt" ..
I've also tried to flash the rom (link given by @gogocar62 ) in fastboot on Win11 pc, no more luck : I've updated the adb & fastboot drivers, the phone is well recognised in adb ('adb devices') but NOT in fastboot mode... So i can't go further..
Any input would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you !!

" I can't install MiFlash tool, I've tried on Win11 too... Same error "impossible to find a part of the access way to C:\..........\MiFlash20220507\MiFlash20220507\log\miflash@2024712.txt"

Close the program and create an empty TXT file of the same name and put it in the log folder.

neonaloj

Try using this version of Miflash: https://www.mediafire.com/file/99tudj9roum1kpo/MiFlash_2018.5.28.0.zip/file
This version does not install, you just run it.
- Download stock fastboot ROM (tgz.)
- Extract and paste in the root of C drive.
- Run Miflash

To lock the bootloader:
- If the installation was successful and the device booted into the system, you can lock the bootloader.
- Put your device into fastboot mode
- connect to PC
- run the fastboot command:
Code:
fastboot oem lock
- the device reboots into the system
- done

Snímek obrazovky 2024-05-22 132814.pngBez názvu.pngSnímek obrazovky 2024-05-22 131747.pngSnímek obrazovky 2024-05-22 132250.png

Last edited:
" I can't install MiFlash tool, I've tried on Win11 too... Same error "impossible to find a part of the access way to C:\..........\MiFlash20220507\MiFlash20220507\log\miflash@2024712.txt"

Close the program and create an empty TXT file of the same name and put it in the log folder.

Hey, thanks for the tip ! Had a quick look, I don't find the log folder.. But anyway, the version proposed below does work. But thank you very much !
Try using this version of Miflash: https://www.mediafire.com/file/99tudj9roum1kpo/MiFlash_2018.5.28.0.zip/file
This version does not install, you just run it.
- Download stock fastboot ROM (tgz.)
- Extract and paste in the root of C drive.
- Run Miflash

View attachment 53490View attachment 53491View attachment 53492View attachment 53493

Waow, you're the boss, my lifesaver !! Thank you very very much !
So the MiFlash tool does work. I've put the folder (extracted from the rom : "vayu_eea_global_images_V13.0.1.0.SJUEUXM_20220311.0000.00_12.0_eea02e3dc634d.tgz" ; it first gave a '.tar' then it does end with 'vayu_eea_global....._20220311.0000.00_12.0_eea') at root of pc and selected it in MiFlash. The device is well recognised and "clean all" is ok.

My last question is : I only have to 'flash' but I want to ask if you think it's all right with this rom ? I ask because of the anti-rollback stuff (about wich I don't know) as when I've tried to flash the rom you gave the link earler (V14), 2 things happened : first the adb & fastboot drivers had to be updated, and secondly the image on the phone in fastboot changed from the "old chinese" one to the "orange" new one... After so much time it would be stupid to brick the phone now..
Thanks again !!! I hope it will be the last time I bother you ;)

Last edited:
Install this Global version. V14.0.3.0.TJUMIXM
Then install the xiaomi.eu ROM: xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3Pro_V14.0.3.0.TJUMIXM_v14-13.zip

Changing fastboot to orange text is fine.
Hi,

Thanks for the link ! I didn't find this global rom... That said, I can't say yet how it works, as the download is veryyy long : for more that 10 hours from your link (only 0.8 of 5.2Go at the time of writing), I found it on 'mifirm' too but it seems it's also very long to be downloaded.. (my son will not survive ^^).
If it works, what the recommended way to flash the second link/rom please ? And what's the difference between them ? (I suppose I'll lose the twrp..? I think I'll stay on this rom, but want it to be rooted.

Thank you again !! ;)

Hi,

Well I didn't wait for the original download to finish, I've found another link on mifirmware[dot]com (same rom & checksum).
I did what you @gogocar62 kindly told me : extract the folder from the rom, placed it at the root of pc, selected it on MiFlash.. :

screen_bootloop-after-MiFlash_redim_20240713.jpg

All looked right, flash was said by tool to be succesfull. BUT... the phone is in bootloop......!

The recovery is now the MIUI one (V5.0), I've tried to factory reset, rebooted this recovery, rebooted in fastboot, no way.. Not able to boot system.
I don't understand, it looks like a hardware issue, but how in this case could recoveries, fastboot and the MiFlash tool seem to work ???
Any other idea please ?? ("Safe Mode" won't help I suppose or.. could it help ? Sorry, I'm noob with the brand, MIAssistant isn't done to flash as far as I unerstand ?)

Thanks a lot !!

Last edited: