Eu Rom Vs China Rom

chakibdaher

Members
Nov 22, 2015
I have a redmi note 2 running on the chinese miui 5.11.1, can i flash the european 5.11.19 rom from update installer without having any trouble, or do i need to install twrp?

Only somewhat related, but I hate starting a new thread for a few minor questions that are probably a FAQ anyhow but that I didn't find.

I'm a new owner of a Note2 that came with MIUI-66.77.33.00. I managed about a week before deciding that it really couldn't be the true answer. I've since shifted to the eu-rom (7.0.6 - installed via twrp) and am really quite pleased with it. AFAICT everything simply works. There are however a few bits that I wonder where they came from and if I can somehow ditch them.

I have a persistent notification that the Mi Message wants to be activated - with possible roaming to China?
Can this be removed/disabled?

The system browser opens up with shopping, news, sports, (dictionaries?), but this time all from India. This is suboptimal bloat that I'd like to remove, but can't see where it is actually configured. Cloud printing doesn't seem to let itself be disabled either.

Can someone provide a pointer of where to look for some of this information?

Also: I'd considering that I might need to move to a developer rom, since the EU stables don't appear to be updated a frequently, but it looks like some of the newer ones have wifi issues. Should I just wait a bit longer for the next stable, or dive into the experiment of a weekly (maybe one from smiui)?

Thanks,
/mark

- No, it connects to china servers for sending messages to other people that uses mimessage. I activated it and I didn't have problems. I also use it to send messages to my dad and sister's Mi2s. I'm in Italy.

- I don't know, using it I haven't this problem.

- No this types of ads on my browser.
7bd4f03d5cd0c04dfdbbbc97474ea06f.jpg

- I don't know. This is the problem of xiaomi phone's, you haven't any official guidelines.

-Developers are updated every weeks, stables every one or two months.
For a developer try a developer before the 5.10.29, because the old ones haven't the wifi bug. Then before updating see on xiaomi.eu the feedbacks. If they are positive update, then don't update.

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~

It does just seem to be the 7.0.6 global stable that has this type of default browser content. I just flashed the 5.11.5 and its browser doesn't have all of these Indian sites. I'll just see if/when I hit the reported WiFi problems.

Last edited:
I also have a xiaomi mi note (the european version) bought it from honorbuy.com, just rebooted the phone into its mi-recovery and it seems i have two installed systems, i think the second one is "european", the first one must be the chinese stock rom, am i right? Sorry ingbrzy for bothering u with those noob's questions

I also have a xiaomi mi note (the european version) bought it from honorbuy.com, just rebooted the phone into its mi-recovery and it seems i have two installed systems, i think the second one is "european", the first one must be the chinese stock rom, am i right? Sorry ingbrzy for bothering u with those noob's questions
No. The two system are the same rom. When you update if the update have some problems you can reboot to the other system, that has the older rom

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~

Reactions: chakibdaher