Everything that does not work on xiaomi.eu to Mi 9

lucenera

Members
Feb 29, 2020
As already written in my first post, I recently purchased a Xiaomi Mi 9 (cepheus) and I still have to wait a few days to be able to complete the bootloader unlocking procedure. I am quite an expert in custom ROM, I have used several and built a few. I would like to know about this ROM, based on Android 10, what are the things that don't work on Mi 9 compared to stcok:
1) is the device certified in the Play Store?
2) does Magisk work properly?
3) MagiskHideProps reports only the Pie-based Mi 9 fringerprint available; has anyone tried? Can you pass the SafetyNet?
4) is it possible to use Google Pay through Magisk? Usually you just need the device to be certified and that the hide function for GPay is not used. Do you need more tricks here?
5) does Netflix work properly? Can I see protected content on various video and audio playback apps?
6) does VoLTE work?
I'm not sure I want to go crazy to solve a thousand problems. I had a very bad experience with the Samsung S9, which, due to the Knox, once unlocked, began to make my life impossible: no Netflix, no GPay and other similar problems.

Last edited:
Late reply but.. for me the device is certified, no issues with magisk, no need for magiskhideprops to pass safetynet, use magiskhide though or safetynet won't pass, google pay works (you may need to delete google pay app data for it to start working), Netflix works in full hd (Widevine L1), don't know about volte, my carrier doesn't have it.

Late reply but.. for me the device is certified, no issues with magisk, no need for magiskhideprops to pass safetynet, use magiskhide though or safetynet won't pass, google pay works (you may need to delete google pay app data for it to start working), Netflix works in full hd (Widevine L1), don't know about volte, my carrier doesn't have it.
Thank you for your answer. In the meantime, I unlocked the bootloader and tried it for myself. Unfortunately I happened in the Google test week on the hardware check for SafetyNet. So, as soon as the ROM is installed, no certification, no GPay, no nothing. In the blink of an eye I went back to stock and relocked the bootloader. Now I know that everything has been brought back to "normal", but although for years I have changed my Android smartphones (I have a OnePlus 5T with Derpfest, all certified), I have decided to leave this Mi 9 alone. With the latest update I have received (11.0.8) I activate any function, everything is very fluid and everything works very well. So I can avoid living with anxiety that can't pay with GPay while I'm at the supermarket ;)

Reactions: bogec