Excessive power consumption?

Tipika

Members
Dec 29, 2018
The problem: If I keep the phone idle it becomes hot and loses 1% of battery every minute. If i put it in airplane mode, its power consumption is normal.

What I did to cause this: I had a problem with android auto where apps weren't opening so I thought, "let's try AOSP roms". For some reason any other custom rom except xiaomi.eu was bootlooping so I tried some A1 rom using the a1to5x twrp script. The instructions said that I needed to flash the A1 modem, so I did it. But all the A1 roms were bootlooping too, so I just gave up, cleaned the phone with miflash, restored the original china rom, then reinstalled latest xiaomi.eu stable. Now it's where I noticed this problem.

More details:
  • IMEI and IMSI are valid
  • insane power consumption is also without a sim car inserted
  • I backed up efs, modem and persist with TWRP before playing with A1 roms, but even if I restored the TWRP backup, the problem isn't solved.
  • The LCD panel was smashed so I replaced with a $10 fake one. No problems with original rom or xiaomi.eu stable but maybe that's the cause of the bootloop with other roms. The quality of this panel is awful, panel sensitivity is lower and backlight is less powerful, barely readable by night . Also there are light bleeds.
Any suggestion on what to do?

Maybe you could try checking what application is using the battery when idle ? I feel like it is an important information you left out of your post.

According to gsam battery monitor, the application that's using all the battery is "Phone" (Under apps, not under "phone").

Screenshot_2021-08-01-19-58-10-209_com.gsamlabs.bbm.jpg

This extreme high consumption also happens with china stock rom...