Experience Xiaomi Router 2 1tb / 6tb

Pit1980

Members
Jul 23, 2015
Has somebody already the new xiaomi router 2? Can somebody feedback some experience like usage, speed during data transfer, functionality with the external internet access via xiaomi account, available menu languages and so on .

Has somebody already the new xiaomi router 2? Can somebody feedback some experience like usage, speed during data transfer, functionality with the external internet access via xiaomi account, available menu languages and so on .

Generally its working how it should. But it seems the system is protected. Also with dev firmware and root access I am not able to change the websites in the router to get an other as the f... Chinese language.

At the moment I prepare everything to jtag the important data's. Hopefully somebody can build up an multilingual rom. Copy via WiFi 12mb via cable 35mb

Copy via WiFi 12mb via cable 35mb
Are these speeds the ones from and to HDD inside the router?

I have the first Mi Router (the big one with the 1TB HDD) and I cannot achieve such speeds.
But my main fear is heat, as it gets hot in the Summer here in Portugal.

I belive heat is not a problem, as long you don't by the black one and paste.it directly in the strong sun. The cooling looks very good. I disassembled it very often, because I try to teach the device English or change the firmware. But this sucks a little because the whole system is protected and locked. Out of this point I would not recommend the device. The information based on openwrt is not wrong, but useless. The company changed a lot and not to the positive side. They should not do a commercial with openwrt when they look it like this. Nothing is open.

I belive heat is not a problem, as long you don't by the black one and paste.it directly in the strong sun. The cooling looks very good. I disassembled it very often, because I try to teach the device English or change the firmware. But this sucks a little because the whole system is protected and locked. Out of this point I would not recommend the device. The information based on openwrt is not wrong, but useless. The company changed a lot and not to the positive side. They should not do a commercial with openwrt when they look it like this. Nothing is open.
I completely agree with you.
They announce that it runs OpenWRT when many of the features that OpenWRT supports are hidden behind some big walls.

For example, I do not understand why they announce how big is the ROM of the new nano router (the new small router with AC coming from a micro-USB port), and nobody will take advantages out of that, as they will be limited to what Xiaomi gets out...
They they compare it to TP-Link's 841N and 842N which are more open than anything, and the 842N has a USB port.
I simply do not get it...

The target is not on "developer" users, but rather on users that want connectivity and easy-of-use, much like most of Apple users: do not want to program, but want all the features.
Xiaomi cannot deliver all the features, neither at launch, nor after two years of release of their products.

I am still waiting on remote Torrent download support, English support and downloads from the Mi Router mini...

When the router was on 1.x.x firmware, you could use the "download" functionality from the mobile app and paste a magnet link. I downloaded folders of tv series that way.
I don't know if the compatibility with magnet links is still present in 2.x.x firmware.

Yes it is.

Let me clarify:
On on site (directly connected to the Mi Wifi Router): you can download file through torrents or magnet links;
On out: you only can download through magnet links.

This is true for both Android app and PC Client.

I want the torrent download when out, when I am on a different city.
I do not care if you cannot select which file gets downloaded. I just want torren download when off site.

Any one tried to plug the USB stick of the Xiaomi Yeelight to the R2D 1TB version?
My R2D 1TB router can't recognize it but if I plug it to the MiWiFi Mini router it recognize it.