Fake Mi3?

Pskov

Members
Apr 25, 2014
Hello,

Apologies if I posted this in the wrong section.

I recently bought an Mi3W from eBay and just received the phone a few minutes ago. It seems like it's a genuine Xiaomi phone but I have a few concerns because when I tried checking http://order.mi/service/imei it's saying there are no sales records. When I boot up the phone it has a weird boot screen that doesn't seem like a Xiaomi one (But then again I can't read Chinese so who knows) When I boot it into recovery it shows MI Recovery, I downloaded CPU-Z and that's saying it runs a snapdragon800 so I have no idea what to make of the boot screen. It came pre installed with Google Play which I thought was a little weird. And when I turn the phone off it comes up with an Android JellyBean logo and under it says Shutting down.

The phone itself feels really fast and the display is incredible but it does feel a little light to me. I had an Mi2S last year and that felt a little heavier like a real phone it felt like it was the right weight this Mi3 though, feels a little light for such a big phone.

I'm going to try flashing the developer ROM but before I do that I wanted to figure out if this phone was real or not.

I posted some pictures below any help to figure out if this phone is real or not or any suggestions about what else I can try would be great.

Thank you!

EDIT: I found a security sticker in one of the booklets that has the url chaxun.xiaomi.com after I figured out you're supposed to scratch the sticker I entered in the number and it said it passed the security check so would that indicate it's a real phone?
BUvUVJw.jpg

JlTsexV.jpg
odvpQ98.jpg
WCXyd0r.jpg
eHBhQmc.jpg
yH1ubkA.jpg
v11d6MZ.jpg
kZaVtSy.jpg
3n0M5Lf.jpg
DNzuuYd.jpg
sSMvJIH.jpg

It's not a fake... Just branded.. Debrand it by installing stock miui with MiFlash...

~Tapatalk~

Reactions: Pskov
Well that's good news I was really worried for a second there. Thanks for your help ingbrzy!

just a fast information.
I will be in HK for few days, ad maybe I will be able to find a MI3 (maybe from "tre" that sell in the shop).
When back, a can simply debranded?
but I have to be sure that it is a WCDMA in order to work in europe?

just a fast information.
I will be in HK for few days, ad maybe I will be able to find a MI3 (maybe from "tre" that sell in the shop).
When back, a can simply debranded?
but I have to be sure that it is a WCDMA in order to work in europe?

Yeah, it's very easy to debrand just use miflash and flash a new copy of MIUI. Just make sure you erase both the user data and storage when you flash it. And the WCDMA version works in most countries out of China just double check your phone providers frequencies so they match. But it should work no problem.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

I bought a mi3 from eBay. I am not technical at all. So I would like to ask some help from you guys. I made a print screen of the cpu-z information. Please help! Is it a real or fake one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-10-23-55-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-10-23-55-04.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 337
  • Screenshot_2014-05-11-08-31-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-11-08-31-22.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 359
100% fake on Mediatek CPU.

Wysłane z MI3
Thank you for you answer. I think there are more fake than real mi3's on the market. Does you know a site where i can buy the real thing?

Thanks in advance.