FASTBOOTD

evilhack28

Members
Mar 10, 2024
Hello I have hyperOS and I wanted to ask what is the difference between FASTBOOT (write in orange)and FASTBOOTD (write in blue)

Like this:
Since Android 10, Android has created the "dynamic partitions", which allows the ROM/OS to choose the size for the system, vendor and product partitions, as they are "logical partitions". Since logical partitions need an actual partition, they rely on the super partition

Normal fastboot, with no access to userspace, cannot work with these dynamic partitions and can only deal with the actual partition, the super partition, and thus to work with the dynamic partitions through a fastboot-like interface, "fastbootd" was created.

unlike the actual fastboot which is in the firmware, fastbootd is completely handled by the recovery, and can be accessed by "fastboot reboot fastboot" in normal fastboot mode

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me or fill me in.:emoji_slight_smile:

Coorect.
Userspace !
Code:
Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Install the latest PowerShell for new features and improvements! https://aka.ms/PSWindows

PS C:\Users\zircon> adb reboot bootloader
PS C:\Users\zircon> fastboot getvar is-userspace
is-userspace: no
Finished. Total time: 0.016s
PS C:\Users\zircon> fastboot reboot fastboot
Rebooting into fastboot                            OKAY [  0.016s]
< waiting for any device >
Finished. Total time: 11.102s
PS C:\Users\zircon> fastboot getvar is-userspace
is-userspace: yes
Finished. Total time: 0.000s
PS C:\Users\zircon>