Faulty Wiring Or Battery Problem??? Truly Frustrated.

Nyx99

Members
Aug 15, 2016
Ok so I love my Mipad. It is just so good. Had it for almost 2 years but after 6 months, the charger that it came with stopped charging. Switched chargers, after 3 months switched chargers, after 2 months, switched chargers etc. Fast forward through eight chargers and now not able to charge at all.

Use it on and off through the day and usually charge for a few hours at night and then overnight as well. I turn it off completely (although have tried leaving it on) and switch off wireless. I check it goes through its show battery remaining and has charging light on. In the last month, I find one of three things -

Light is still on but it hasn't charged at all
Light has gone from yellow to red and it has discharged by as much as 20%
It as been on overnight or several hours and has only charged 10 -25%

And yet some days if I change to another charger (1 of the 8), it will charge up say 50 - 60% in 3 - 4 hours

Currently on red and has discharged overnight again

Have fiddled around with cord resting angles etc.

What's going on and what to do?

Seems like your charging connector has failed. I think you can buy a new one and replace by yourself from dragon tt.

Thanks so much for telling me about dragon tt. What a great site. They do have charging replacements but they all seem to be for various versions of mobile phone so I will contact them and see if they are interchangeable. Certainly looks easy enough to replace. Someone else suggested that I take the battery out and dust it and put it back in and see if that works but the battery has a sticker on saying that it is unremovable so I am reluctant to try this. Does anyone know if it is ok to take the battery out of a mipad? Thanks.